Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 09:27 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Thank goodness they lost. I absolutely cannot stand the Spurs. I'd root for the North Korean National Team (if they had one) before I'd root for the Spurs. I have certain teams I'd rather see win than others, but I'm 95% satisfied with respect to EVERYTHING about the 2015 NBA playoffs just knowing that the Spurs are GONE!! Thank you!!
Why? Because they're a well-run organization, with classy players who respect the game and their opponents? I've never understood all this Spurs hatred. I mean it's not like LJ is on their team or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 09:28 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Thank goodness they lost. I absolutely cannot stand the Spurs. I'd root for the North Korean National Team (if they had one) before I'd root for the Spurs. I have certain teams I'd rather see win than others, but I'm 95% satisfied with respect to EVERYTHING about the 2015 NBA playoffs just knowing that the Spurs are GONE!! Thank you!!
At least Spurs fans know what it's like to root for a winner

How's life having to root for other teams to lose all the time?

Old 05-02-2015, 09:30 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed in the way the Spurs' season ended. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't expecting a title. I knew it was a lot to ask to win 3 or 4 series' without home court advantage. Plus, I could sense something was wrong when they couldn't beat the Pelicans even though they were obviously trying their hardest. But I didn't expect them to bow out in the first round to a front running, all-sizzle-no-steak team like the clippers.

I knew father time was eventually going to end our run, but I was expecting SA to go out in a bit more of a blaze of glory.

Gonna be the most interesting summer the Spurs have had in years. Duncan could stay or go. He said he wants to play as long as he feels he can contribute. He's still an above average big in the league, so I think there's a chance he stays. I'm pretty sure Manu will retire though. I love him and he is a fan favorite, but to be honest, I've felt like he's been more of a liability on the court for the past five years.

A lot of decisions to be made!
Forgot to add. It should be noted that Leonard is still a FA this summer too. It will be interesting to see if they give him the max or not. Has a ton of potential still, but this series has proved that he's not a franchise players yet.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:38 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Congrats to every clipper except Paul and Barnes, 2 of the dirtiest players in the game. Oh and f**k a clippers fan, oh wait no such thing, just borrowed lakers fans.

Ok that's out of the way, congrats to the 2014-2015 nba champs, the golden state warriors.....

Old 05-02-2015, 09:39 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Forgot to add. It should be noted that Leonard is still a FA this summer too. It will be interesting to see if they give him the max or not. Has a ton of potential still, but this series has proved that he's not a franchise players yet.
OK, first off, WTF does 'all sizzle no steak' mean? The Clippers probably have the best starting 5 in the league. They don't have much of a bench, but their starting lineup can beat anyone.

Re. Leonard - I think I kind of agree. While there are times he's been fantastic, I don't think he shown the kind of consistent greatness that franchise players do. At times, he just doesn't seem to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Congrats to every clipper except Paul and Barnes, 2 of the dirtiest players in the game. Oh and f**k a clippers fan, oh wait no such thing, just borrowed lakers fans.

Ok that's out of the way, congrats to the 2014-2015 nba champs, the golden state warriors.....
Dude, don't be a complete douche-bag-sore-loser-a-hole. They won, and CP3 has never seemed like a particularly dirty player to me. As LA's red-head step children, I like the Clippers way more than the Lakers.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Why? Because they're a well-run organization, with classy players who respect the game and their opponents? I've never understood all this Spurs hatred. I mean it's not like LJ is on their team or anything.
There was an article awhile back that, if I ever found it, summed it up perfectly.

It's because other than Tim Duncan, who's now almost 40, they don't have any superstar players, yet somehow they STILL win. That's actually maddening to me, it makes no logical sense. As the article detailed it, you understand a team with LeBron James or Kevin Durant etc doing so, because those players do such spectacular things, so you can understand how they'd win. In the 80s, the same could've been said for the Lakers having Magic, Kareem and Worthy and the Celtics having Bird, McHale and Parish, and in the 90s with the Bulls having Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen (and Dennis Rodman). It made sense for the 2000-2002 Lakers to win, given they had a prime Shaq & Kobe and were coached by Phil Jackson.

For a team with no real "star" player on it to win, it's upsetting because you look at those guys and they look so ordinary. It makes no sense. It would be like Batman getting beat up by an out-of-shape 60 year old janitor, or Superman being defeated by an old lady tied down to a walker. It would be like the New York Yankees getting beat by a Jr High school Junior Varsity softball team. It's the same thing--all they have is that French pop tart who's never been as good as Chris Paul or Jason Kidd to me, Manu who does nothing but flop all over the place and get all the calls anyway, and Tim who is almost 40 years old.

Also, I don't like Wake Forest in college basketball (for the same reason, I root for the Tar Heels, and I see Wake Forest as the "other" team in NC after NC and Duke, the "bastard child" if you will, to me they are NOBODY to even THINK of playing against Carolina or Duke) and Wake Forest is where Tim Duncan played. (I realize that's also where Chris Paul played, but you take what you can get.) Also, I recall when the Spurs won in 1999 and they were already calling Tim Duncan the best player in the league that quickly, and I'm like "have you forgotten about Shaq?" (He sure reminded them, though.) I also think Tim Duncan is overrated, I'd take Dirk Nowitzki or Karl Malone over him any day. I'm not saying he's not an all-time great, but I don't think it's an open & shut case that he's supposedly the greatest power forward ever either.

I like LeBron James, by the way.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:46 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,406,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

Somebody is steeammming I love it

Old 05-02-2015, 09:47 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Dude Paul is pure dirt, from constant push offs, flood, crybaby routine to blatantly hitting guys in the nuts, Chris Paul is dirty as they come.

Yeah clippers won, congrats, they got it done. Doesn't take away from
The fact that they are the flavor of the week, their star is dirty, and their "fans"are only in the arena to be seen on TV.

You can call me a sore loser and a dbag all you want, doesn't change the fact that the clippers are the 2nd rate team out of la, or that cheap shot Paul is dirty. And don't get me started on barnes

Old 05-02-2015, 09:49 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Chris Paul and Tim Duncan's relationship goes way, way back - SBNation.com

Cool picture

Tim Duncan still looks same ha ha

CP is possibly out for game 1.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:49 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,749 times
First and foremost congrats to both the Clippers and Spurs for a well played and entertaining series. Going in I knew this would be a tough series for both clubs, and despite the Clippers having homecourt felt that somehow someway the Spurs were going to pull it off. And they almost did. They went out like a defending champion should, being ousted in the last few seconds of a game 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball