Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 08:45 PM

29,510 posts, read 22,630,868 times

Advertisements

YEEESSSSS!!!!!!

One of the most courageous performances ever by CP3.

Great sportsmanship at the end by two great teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 08:46 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Wow. A giant has been slayed.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:50 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
If the Spurs lose it's clearly on Tony parker for the bonehead play on the fast break when the spurs was up 105-102.

Why would he take that stupid shot when they had the lead and could have drained some more clock?
That was an awful play for sure, but this loss is really on Leonard, who never really showed up. Both Parker and Leonard took a couple awful, boneheaded fast-break shots when they had a lead and plenty of time on the shot clock. But Leonard was 5 of 13 with 13 pts; that's disappointing for your next franchise player.

To Clippers fans - congratulations! Chris Paul played with everything he had, and almost single-handedly won the game. Even though this series could've gone either way, I have to reluctantly admit the Clippers looked liked the better team for most of the series.

Congratulations, and good luck against the Rockets.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:54 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
That was an awful play for sure, but this loss is really on Leonard, who never really showed up. Both Parker and Leonard took a couple awful, boneheaded fast-break shots when they had a lead and plenty of time on the shot clock. But Leonard was 5 of 13 with 13 pts; that's disappointing for your next franchise player.

To Clippers fans - congratulations! Chris Paul played with everything he had, and almost single-handedly won the game. Even though this series could've gone either way, I have to reluctantly admit, the Clippers looked liked the better team for most of the series.

Congratulations, and good luck against the Rockets.
It's more on Parker because he had control of the game at that point.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
It's more on Parker because he had control of the game at that point.
Parker still had 20 pts on 10 of 21 shooting. Considering he was playing with nagging injuries, overall he had a very good game. Ultimately the game doesn't come down to one or two plays: Parker made a couple bad plays, but Leonard missed at least 3 or 4 fairly easy shots, including a couple open 3s.

Even in defeat, Old Man River Walk was phenomenal: 27 pts on 11 of 16 shooting, with 11 boards. Fantastic!

It's a tough loss to swallow, esp since that late foul on Duncan looked dubious, and that last play Pop called was terrible, but the Clippers made more plays down the stretch and deserved to win. Now, go get a championship!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:03 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Parker still had 20 pts on 10 of 21 shooting. Considering he was playing with nagging injuries, overall he had a very good game. Ultimately the game doesn't come down to one or two plays: Parker made a couple bad plays, but Leonard missed at least 3 or 4 fairly easy shots, including a couple open 3s.

It's a tough loss to swallow, esp since that late foul on Duncan looked dubious, and that last play Pop called was terrible, but the Clippers made more plays down the stretch and deserved to win. Now, go get a championship!
Neither one of these teams were going to beat the Warriors so there won't be any championships in Los Angeles. I do expect the Clippers to beat Houston but just don't see them winning any games in Golden State.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Neither one of these teams were going to beat the Warriors so there won't be any championships in Los Angeles. I do expect the Clippers to beat Houston but just don't see them winning any games in Golden State.
I completely disagree. Their front court will absolutely devour the soft Warriors. Their back court isn't quite as good, but they can still hang with the Warriors, and CP3 will play good D on Curry. The Clippers look like the team to beat now.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:23 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Well hopefully we'll see how "soft" the Warriors are against the Clippers in the Conference final....I know I'm itching for revenge. My personal feeling is Bogut will shut down Jordan like he did during the season, and Green will pester the hell out of Griffin on defense.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:25 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,316,484 times
Thank goodness they lost. I absolutely cannot stand the Spurs. I'd root for the North Korean National Team (if they had one) before I'd root for the Spurs. I have certain teams I'd rather see win than others, but I'm 95% satisfied with respect to EVERYTHING about the 2015 NBA playoffs just knowing that the Spurs are GONE!! Thank you!!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:26 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed in the way the Spurs' season ended. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't expecting a title. I knew it was a lot to ask to win 3 or 4 series' without home court advantage. Plus, I could sense something was wrong when they couldn't beat the Pelicans even though they were obviously trying their hardest. But I didn't expect them to bow out in the first round to a front running, all-sizzle-no-steak team like the clippers.

I knew father time was eventually going to end our run, but I was expecting SA to go out in a bit more of a blaze of glory.

Gonna be the most interesting summer the Spurs have had in years. Duncan could stay or go. He said he wants to play as long as he feels he can contribute. He's still an above average big in the league, so I think there's a chance he stays. I'm pretty sure Manu will retire though. I love him and he is a fan favorite, but to be honest, I've felt like he's been more of a liability on the court for the past five years.

A lot of decisions to be made!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball