Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 05:58 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,381 times

Advertisements

MathGuy, i know the situations of the Cp3 trade silly kid lol,My point was league owners nixed it because of the jealousy over the Lakers success.

Lebron got 2 rings with a Super team,1 in a short season against a young Okc team & another because the Spurs made silly mistakes,He's a beast no matter how his career plays out but like Jordan said he wanted to beat Magic & Bird instead of teaming up with them,Lebron wanted to cheat his way to rings & now its backfiring like the crybaby he is lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 08:09 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
MathGuy, i know the situations of the Cp3 trade silly kid lol,My point was league owners nixed it because of the jealousy over the Lakers success.
Just a second ago you were blaming Stern....he's not a league owner lol.

No, they nixed the deal because it would have made it harder to unload the team and it was a crappy deal.

You can cry all you like about it but they owned that team and got a better deal from the Clippers.

If you refute this, then lay the two deals side by side and explain how the Lakers offered more for CP3.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:20 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just a second ago you were blaming Stern....he's not a league owner lol.

No, they nixed the deal because it would have made it harder to unload the team and it was a crappy deal.

You can cry all you like about it but they owned that team and got a better deal from the Clippers.

If you refute this, then lay the two deals side by side and explain how the Lakers offered more for CP3.
looking at the deals, tough to say the clippers offered a better deal. gordan/kaman/aminu and a minni drat pick for paul vs the lakers+houston deal of kevin martin, scola, odom, drgic, and a pick from the knicks via houston.

all that said, the owners scrapped it because eric gordan was expected to be a star and in the lakers/rockets deal they wouldnt have gotten a star just some solid role players. they were actively seeking a buyer for the team, and not having a single "star" is NOT a good sales point.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
looking at the deals, tough to say the clippers offered a better deal. gordan/kaman/aminu and a minni drat pick for paul vs the lakers+houston deal of kevin martin, scola, odom, drgic, and a pick from the knicks via houston.

all that said, the owners scrapped it because eric gordan was expected to be a star and in the lakers/rockets deal they wouldnt have gotten a star just some solid role players. they were actively seeking a buyer for the team, and not having a single "star" is NOT a good sales point.
Good summary.

All that aside, I find it funny that the Laker fans somehow think the other owners around the league should do them a favor by letting them pick up CP3 for a pile of talent that you can easily just get via free-agency....and not doing so brings out the tantrums and cries that they're meanies.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic. The thread is about top 20 players and any mention of the Lakers in that conversation is laughable.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:27 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good summary.

All that aside, I find it funny that the Laker fans somehow think the other owners around the league should do them a favor by letting them pick up CP3 for a pile of talent that you can easily just get via free-agency....and not doing so brings out the tantrums and cries that they're meanies.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic. The thread is about top 20 players and any mention of the Lakers in that conversation is laughable.
kawhi is moving up the list by the game!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:39 AM

MathGuy the Laker hater folks lol

Stern Vetoed the trade & owners were upset the Lakers scored big again.

Dan Gilbert of the Cavs was crying that Paul & Kobe together would be too good smh .

But yeah off this topic & let's accept Curry being better than Lebron now #Facts

Old 11-13-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
MathGuy the Laker hater folks lol
I realize that conducting interventions for Laker fans that have slipped into sadly delusional states will on occasion anger them and I accept that.

Do you really want me to start bumping the threads where I pointed out there wouldn't be a fast rebuild, how free agents didn't want to go there or how bad the Nash trade was? Ok, suit yourself!

Reality sucks for you. Sorry. Blaming others though is a natural reaction when the butt hurt become unbearable.

Now don't you have to go over to the Golden State thread and start dogging on Curry? Some are starting to say he's the best scorer since Jordan....you'd better start tearing his game down.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:45 PM

Reality sucks for who ? Lol

My lakers are the most successful franchise is nba history sir,These past few years aren't even a blimp on the radar of what we've accomplished as an organization.

Now far as Curry goes,he's not the best since Jordan but he is the best point guard since Magic !!

Curry can become the next Iverson who won titles & was the best shooter ever. And if Golden state does repeat ill still be happy Math lol,Its a Cali thing that you wouldn't understand.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:30 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Never thought I'd see a Curry/Iverson comparison...

Old 11-14-2015, 08:32 PM

Yes Curry just like Iverson is a fierce competitor & one of the best little man scorers in history, Iverson never had the help Curry had but in the end both have revolutionize the game & are pound for pound the best at their position .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball