Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:08 PM

653 posts, read 783,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
The Knicks are currently re-building their roster. In most cases, this takes more then just one season. Singing a big FA would not make the Knicks an instant contender, it would improve the team next year for sure but it would be foolish to throw money away when there are so many holes on the roster. The Knicks traded away 3 draft picks in the trade for Bargnani, how did that turn out? At some point you can't keep on bringing in expensive free agents when there is no talent on the team.

Carmelo Anthony is on the wrong side of 30 and the Knicks blows. Sometimes the best option is to gut the roster and build through the draft. I know Knick fans (and NY fans in general) don't want to hear this because they can't handle watching one of their teams go a couple of seasons with a losing record. Just look at the Lakers. They drafted a couple of studs, NOW they are trying to a free agent because their is some young talent on the team. It doesn't work the other way around.
But dude, that's exactly what I'm trying to tell you. Melo is 31, and after him, the roster is garbage. You have a good FA class this summer and next, with the cap projected to increase and the Knicks in position to nake moves to improve the roster. Why gamble on Porzingis instead of grabbing a sure-fire building block like Winslow or Kaminsky? How is Porzingis a good pick at 4 but Kaminsky isn't? Because of potential? Please...... Over a guy who showed improvement every in college? Wrapping up his collegiate career with a POY award? I swear, this is the first time I've seen a POY be dissed this much. I hope Kaminsky gets burn in Charlotte, he'll show everyone......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 06:34 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Okafor will be a bust and same with Kaminsky, I like the DeAngelo Russell and Justice Winslow picks the best

Old 06-28-2015, 02:01 PM

217 posts, read 208,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
But dude, that's exactly what I'm trying to tell you. Melo is 31, and after him, the roster is garbage. You have a good FA class this summer and next, with the cap projected to increase and the Knicks in position to nake moves to improve the roster. Why gamble on Porzingis instead of grabbing a sure-fire building block like Winslow or Kaminsky? How is Porzingis a good pick at 4 but Kaminsky isn't? Because of potential? Please...... Over a guy who showed improvement every in college? Wrapping up his collegiate career with a POY award? I swear, this is the first time I've seen a POY be dissed this much. I hope Kaminsky gets burn in Charlotte, he'll show everyone......
A few things

1) I said that I didn't like the Porzingis pick earlier, but I can see why they chose him. He has a unique skill set that is very, very rare. It's definitely a risky move, but these picks have paid off before (i.e Nowitzski, The Greak Freak)

2) I don't understand your love affair with Kaminsky. He is probably going to be a 10-15 mpg guy coming off the bench. I think that he is going to be a serviceable player, but his ceiling is low. I would have liked to see the Knicks draft Winslow.

3) Just because a player has success in college doesn't mean he is going to be an all star in the NBA. Some examples include Doug McDermott, Adam Morrison, and Sheldon Williams. These guys were dominant in college and didn't have any success in the NBA (the jury is still out on McDermott I guess).

Old 06-28-2015, 06:13 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Maybe Kaminsky will work out but I really think the Hornets made a huge mistake passing on Justise Winslow.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:56 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,328,642 times
The Mavs usually make no noise in the draft but this year drafted Satnam Singh, the first Indian-born player to ever be drafted. He's 7'2" and 290 lbs. Let's see how this works out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball