Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
My son put on his Carolina t shirt and Carolina blue shorts for school today! It's gonna be a great game! Does the game come on at 8 or 9? I hope 8 so our son can watch some before his bedtime! Go Heels!!
Unfortunately it's a 9 PM EST game, so I guess we'll all be sporting the "red" eyes tomorrow!! I'm a little nervous because Lawson may not be able to play tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
Keep the faith, XG! These are the Heels we're talking about with our guy Hanborough! Roy's got the right idea....I'd rather lose this game and have Lawson ready in March. I smell a National title this year!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
I know its still early but Duke doesnt seem to want it as much as Carolina right now

Old 02-07-2008, 02:20 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
I'm sure Dick Vitale is happy.

For awhile I was hoping UNC would run the table...great opening run for them though this season.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:18 AM

OUCH........ I really was nervous about this game without Lawson and Bobby Frasor and it turned out to hurt us. Hopefully we can practice our 3 point shot and give them a better game at Cameron indoor. Great game Duke!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:41 AM

Duke did play a great game! I gotta give them props even though it pains me. Quentin Thomas sucks wind! He is too over zealous and I think he bout gave Roy a stroke last night. None of the other guys (other than Tyler of course) could hit the broad side of a barn either. Oh well. One loss to Duke does not kill the whole season. Lawson only walked with a slight limp before the game so I see him coming back.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:51 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Quote:
Oh well. One loss to Duke does not kill the whole season.
I think we all know how you really feel about that loss! Cannot live in NC and not have some feelings for or against those two teams.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
I think we all know how you really feel about that loss! Cannot live in NC and not have some feelings for or against those two teams.
I'm taking it much better than my husband

He was not a happy camper last night and actually had our son believing this morning he was a Duke fan now That'll never happen but 8 yr. olds don't have a good grasp on sarcasm so he believed it!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM

17 posts, read 37,064 times
greetings folks, my first post. hello to all. i figured id shake it up a bit. lots of UNC fans here. Sure Lawson was on the bench. hope he has a speedy recovery. but being a duke fan, im puzzled. Lawson didnt play, and yes that hurt the heels, but Nelson, duke's only senior, warmed the bench most of the game with foul trouble. Duke walked into the heels' house and earned this one fair and square. Lacking size, and experience, im proud of my dukies.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Duke did play a great game! I gotta give them props even though it pains me. Quentin Thomas sucks wind! He is too over zealous and I think he bout gave Roy a stroke last night. None of the other guys (other than Tyler of course) could hit the broad side of a barn either. Oh well. One loss to Duke does not kill the whole season. Lawson only walked with a slight limp before the game so I see him coming back.
I told you Quentin Thomas SUCKS!! Tell me this, how the heck did he get a scholarship to Carolina?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball