Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you take
Draymond Green 14 35.00%
Dennis Rodman 26 65.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 08:32 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Which player would you take in his prime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 AM

167 posts, read 125,632 times
Draymond Green at this point, he's not just a defender/rebounder, he's a good offensive player. And he is much more reliable and better for chemistry, he's a genuine leader, and he seems like a smart and pleasant person to be around.

Rodman didn't connect with many teammates, and he had crazy periods where his play was off or he had unnecessary injuries or suspensions caused by stupidity.

Rodman's prime was with the Pistons, but if he stayed with the Pistons, I think people wouldn't remember him much now. He kind of got overhyped at the end of his career because of Madonna and craziness and being on the last few Bulls runs.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:10 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,179 times
I would take Green. Rodman requires a Rodman whisperer.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:22 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
I'll take rodman
If for no other reason other than the "you never know what you're gonna get" factor

Old 05-10-2016, 09:25 AM

Dude had 7 blocks last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87hR3LLTsv0

Old 05-10-2016, 09:57 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
At this point, in fairness to Green we may not have seen his ceiling yet.

That being said, Rodman in his prime averaged 10pts and 18 rebounds and as good as Green is defensively, I'd still have to say he's a notch behind Rodman.

The "team chemistry" issues however are debatable but if you recall, most of Rodmans stuff were more minor stunts and frankly it didn't stop either the Pistons or the Bulls from racking up a number of championships.

I think it depends what you need, if you need a little more scoring then Green....otherwise Rodman. I think they are (prematurely) comparable at this point but again, let's see how Green develops as he may have more upside yet.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

That being said, Rodman in his prime averaged 10pts and 18 rebounds and as good as Green is defensively, I'd still have to say he's a notch behind Rodman.

The "team chemistry" issues however are debatable but if you recall, most of Rodmans stuff were more minor stunts and frankly it didn't stop either the Pistons or the Bulls from racking up a number of championships.

I think it depends what you need, if you need a little more scoring then Green....otherwise Rodman. I think they are (prematurely) comparable at this point but again, let's see how Green develops as he may have more upside yet.
I would say what sets them apart more than anything is Green's ability to lead fast breaks and make the correct pass. He's also a good passer in half court sets. Dennis Rodman leading a fast break has disaster written all over it 9/10 times.

They are both high motor guys. Rarely do (did) you see either one of them tired. Draymond arguably has an even higher motor than Rodman considering how much more he contributes on the offensive end of the floor.

Defense is more of a wash. The Rodman who guarded Shaq and the Rodman who was able to stay with Jordan in spurts never really overlapped. Rodman was never much of a rim protector and he never filled up stat sheets aside from rebounds. But as a 2X DYOP, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. However, Green has come in 2nd in DYOP voting two years in a row now, and probably should have won over Leonard last year. So that's why I consider it more of a push. If Rodman is a 9.5 defender, then Green is no worse than an 8/8.5.

Shooting and overall offense prowess is not even a contest.

I would say Green is definitely more of a vocal/emotional leader than Rodman ever was.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:08 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'll take rodman
If for no other reason other than the "you never know what you're gonna get" factor
Seriously?

You are a true "homer"... which is fine...

Just starting hacking Rodman and send him to the line.

Green should be the obvious choice.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:23 PM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
What about Green vs. Barkley?

Old 05-10-2016, 01:29 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

If I recall correctly, Rodman wasn't much of a problem for his is own teammates. I think you've got to give him credit for being able to get in the heads of opposing players. For a team like the Bulls, Rodman was simply brought in to "go after the ball" and he did that better than anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball