Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 08:24 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
15 point leads can be erased quickly. Curry got a bunch of free throws at the end of game 4 to get some distance. Some of the games were closer than they appeared. The Cavs tied it up in game 1 in the 3rd then fell apart. Etc.
He may have no choice if the Dubs switch like they typically do. Irving and James are two of the hardest guards in the game and then you throw in a guy like JR where you give him an inch he's taking and making. Tough matchup this series and last for Curry.

Curry has been exposed this past month as OKC and CLE have great perimeter weapons.

Hats off to Lue they are targeting Curry when the Cavs have the ball. And the Dubs have maintained their switches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 09:37 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Give me a game 7 over a game 4 sweep any year. The scores of the game doesn't matter, people only remember the series scores. Bulls won all their Finals 4-2. Most Finals end 4-2. 4-3 wins look better in the history books and this series and rivalry will get it own 30 for 30.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:43 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
I think Lebron is jealous of Curry and he has a big chip on his shoulder. I hope they both return to the finals again next season.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:55 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I think Lebron is jealous of Curry and he has a big chip on his shoulder. I hope they both return to the finals again next season.
GS vs. Cleveland could indeed be a great rivalry.

All great players have a chip on their shoulder imo.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:55 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
I don't think Lebron respects Curry as an All Around player.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:57 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times
If the Cavs lose don't know what I will do. I live in Wash State, don't have a vested interest. But the story line of the city of Cleveland brings me in to root for them. How can you not? With rivers catching fire, the butt of jokes, the fumble, the drive, the Jordan shot, Jose Mesa. And the Cavs, the lovable Cavs are like the Chicago Cubs almost.

Maybe it will be a sad day on Monday or I will be watching highlights over and over.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:07 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,043 times
Well, the Buckeyes are really good. At least in football. Not too long ago they were great in basketball too. That is Columbus, but it's all over Ohio really. I remember getting in a cab in Cleveland one year and the driver told me he didn't care if the Bucks lost every game that year as long as they beat the hell out of Michigan.

Definitely a sad sports city, but so are some other places. Like DC. Unless they can become fake Ravens fans, they have nothing to cheer about either, at least in recent years.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:22 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
If the Cavs lose don't know what I will do. I live in Wash State, don't have a vested interest. But the story line of the city of Cleveland brings me in to root for them. How can you not? With rivers catching fire, the butt of jokes, the fumble, the drive, the Jordan shot, Jose Mesa. And the Cavs, the lovable Cavs are like the Chicago Cubs almost.

Maybe it will be a sad day on Monday or I will be watching highlights over and over.
All in all, it's best not to become that invested. After all those consecutive playoffs series where the A's would blow Game Five every...single...year, I wanted to jump off a bridge until I learned not to put too much emotional stock into something where I have no say in the outcome.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:43 AM

537 posts, read 446,062 times
Quote:
Bulls won all their Finals 4-2.
Yeah Jordan and the bulls didn't really have much competition like most of the time...

Old 06-18-2016, 05:26 AM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Definitely a sad sports city, but so are some other places. Like DC. Unless they can become fake Ravens fans, they have nothing to cheer about either, at least in recent years.
Negative! The Redskins will ALWAYS have a larger following than the Ravens in the DMV. DC is a Redskins city, first and foremost. The Redskins are a Top 8-10 all time NFL franchise, the City is aware of the history, and it would take the Ravens decades to reach the cache of the Washington Redskins. Even in 3-13 seasons, we (DC and Virginia definitely, and about half of Maryland) support the Skins unashamedly. And our time is returning!

The Caps and DC United and the Nats are all huge draws. The got damn Nats let me down year after year after year, we'll, the Caps do too. The Wizards are the odd team out. They don't have as large a following as anyone else, and expectations are never quite as high, but I have l9ve for them. I'm a Sixer/Grizzlies fan first, I root for the Wiz peripherally...

Sorry to derail the thread, but there's plenty to root for in DC!

---DC Sports Fan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball