Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 01:39 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Warriors should...

1. Sign Joakim Noah

2. Go 74-8

3. Win championship in 2017.
I think if they could make it happen Al Horford could be an interesting sign.

He's a defender and can defend bigs and small, has a post game and can rebound. I think he's asked to do a little too much with Atlanta.

Probably fits in perfectly with the Dubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 01:43 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
KI was on the all-nba team last year...then got hurt and was not 100% during the regular season this year.

I can understand because of that, or concerns about his recovery why his finals performance came as a bit of a surprise.
Right on here, there were flashes of this all last year until the injury.

He had no offseason, he missed the first 25 games of the year then played a limited role then in the next 25 or so.

The big difference I see 1. He's learned to play off of Lebron better. 2. His role is more correctly defined. The Cavs are a better team with Lebron or Delly playing the point and Kyrie playing the traditional SG role.

I want him taking the last shot on this team and after this Finals he's maybe in the talk with the handful or so guys in the entire league were you want the ball in his hands in the last 10 seconds.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:01 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
GS is a tough team that is going to be a threat year in and out to win another championship.

I expect them to be in the mix for quite a few more years unless a string of injuries etc. take them out of contention.
I agree, they are still a powerful team that can win it all next year and the years after that.

But they were mentally weak, something I thought very uncharacteristic of this team. All I can conclude is that combined with the OKC battle and not taking the Cavs seriously, by the time the Cavs started showing mental toughness, it was too late for the Warriors to recover and they gave up.

That said, like I mentioned before, as bad as Curry and the Warriors overall played, they still had a chance to win it. Those missed free throws, horrible turnovers, that proved to be the margin of error that cost them the game.

That's not to detract from what Cleveland did. Overall the Cavs were the better team, both physically and mentally, so they deserved it.

I agree with some commentators that Golden State was a bit too cocky and arrogant and lost sight of what it takes to win and close the deal. You give a tough team like the Cavs any little opening and they'll take advantage of it.

I can't wait for next year's post season.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:37 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Russian bear is about to be done hibernating.
Yes he is. Brownie, cigar, rose', WWE championship belt & all.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:29 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I agree, they are still a powerful team that can win it all next year and the years after that.

But they were mentally weak, something I thought very uncharacteristic of this team. All I can conclude is that combined with the OKC battle and not taking the Cavs seriously, by the time the Cavs started showing mental toughness, it was too late for the Warriors to recover and they gave up.

That said, like I mentioned before, as bad as Curry and the Warriors overall played, they still had a chance to win it. Those missed free throws, horrible turnovers, that proved to be the margin of error that cost them the game.

That's not to detract from what Cleveland did. Overall the Cavs were the better team, both physically and mentally, so they deserved it.

I agree with some commentators that Golden State was a bit too cocky and arrogant and lost sight of what it takes to win and close the deal. You give a tough team like the Cavs any little opening and they'll take advantage of it.

Basically they wore themselves out worrying about the Bulls record, then fighting back in the WCF. I'm not sure if it was cockiness as much as being so accustomed to winning they didn't know how to face adversity. They're also still a young team, while they may have gained championship experience last year they're still learning how to get going when things get tough. And how to play fundamental basketball when nothing else is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I think if they could make it happen Al Horford could be an interesting sign.

He's a defender and can defend bigs and small, has a post game and can rebound. I think he's asked to do a little too much with Atlanta.

Probably fits in perfectly with the Dubs.
I would be ecstatic with Horford. He's faster than Bogut and can finish at the rim unlike Ezeli. With Ezeli & Barnes shed from the payroll, hopefully they'd find a home for Bogut to make it work.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:41 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,921 times
This one is gonna hurt for a while but we gotta move on and get it done next year.Warriors vs Cavs 3 ( 2017 )

Old 06-20-2016, 08:00 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
Nothing is guaranteed. The West is so good. It is hard for any team to repeat nowdays. We might not see a team repeat for a while. OKC is lurking in the wings and the Spurs will reload. If there is a team that has the best shot of repeating, it would be the Cavs with a weak east. Cavs favorites to make it in the finals again for sure.

Last edited by JL; 06-20-2016 at 08:14 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 11:00 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

100% agree. OKC, barring a major defection....GS, Cleveland....lots of thing in the mix including teams that could add another free agent.

Old 06-20-2016, 11:01 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
This one is gonna hurt for a while but we gotta move on and get it done next year.Warriors vs Cavs 3 ( 2017 )
But what about the Lakers? What's your view on their 1-3-5 year horizon?

Old 06-20-2016, 11:37 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Lebron's shirt coming off the plane in Cleveland was pretty hilarious I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball