Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 08:10 PM

120 posts, read 96,632 times

Advertisements

Clippers are no first round exist,time for paul to find another team but his like melo his in it for the money.And jazz are good young team on the rise remind me off warriors when coming up,jazz add a super star(gordon is gonna be a super star)they are on their way up!!

jazz and bucks are good future!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,007,862 times
Good,,,,Clippers got everything the deserve after Ballmer wasted $2 billion on this franchise that should have been folded years ago

Old 04-30-2017, 10:11 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,624 times
Shameful waste of 6 years. I'd like to see Paul on a team that's capable of advancing past the 2nd round.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:04 AM

5,837 posts, read 5,640,033 times
Chris Paul is one of, if not THE, most overrated player of his era. I have never bought into his hype, and I remember him going back to his ROY days. He's going in the HOF because the BHOF is the most loosely contested HOF in all sports. The NBA has long deserved it's own Hall, but whatever...

He's a great regular season player who has never been a great postseason player. He and David West couldn't get it done in New Orleans, not that they had a ton of help, but that '08 team was as accomplished as his best LA teams of '14/15, being a 2 seed and getting to Round 2 and playing with West, Tyson Chandler, Stojakovic...and he and Griffin couldn't get it done in LA. Paul is the classic case of a guy with good numbers, but when you watch him play in the biggest games, he lacks killer instinct and his play doesn't match the numbers. He's the classic case of a guy who should have NEVER been inserted as the #1 guy on any team. He's a good #2 option....he's not a #1 and never has been a TRUE #1. People have forced that role on a guy who has proven he can't carry a team the way a TRUE #1 can...

He and Carmelo are the same guy. All indications point to Paul just being about the money. We'll see. He's 32 this week. If he cares at all about getting a ring and bettering his legacy, he leaves LA for a team with the ability to be a contender. If not, he validates every thought I've ever had about him....

Don't even get me started on sorry-ass Doc Rivers, quite possibly the most overrated head coach of all time...

Old 05-01-2017, 10:23 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Here's a "what if" I often think about.

What if Paul had never gone to the clippers but the trade to the Lakers actually went through. Where would both teams be now?

Old 05-01-2017, 10:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,096,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Here's a "what if" I often think about.

What if Paul had never gone to the clippers but the trade to the Lakers actually went through. Where would both teams be now?
the clippers would be terrible, and the lakers would be right where they are now.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:08 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,406 times
Chris Paul is a heck of a player. But he is overrated. His style of play is fun to watch because he is a throwback. He's the point guard looking to set everyone else up. The problem is that style is outdated. While Chris can score at times, its not his strong suit. So defenses play him for the pass. They stay home on shooters and keep a body on Griffin and Jordan. Finally, they take advantage of his size by putting a bigger defender on him. Over the course of a series this wears him (and the Clippers) down.

Chris gets a lot of praise in part because people are impressed seeing such a small player do what he does. But the net effect is never enough. Some have mentioned him going to the Spurs. But his style doesn't fit there. He likes to hold the ball too much. Spurs players have to be able to play well off the ball. Plus, he's too small to really work in their defensive schemes.

The Clippers need to hope for a Cavaliers defeat. Then they can offer Chris Paul to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:36 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,522,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerissomeguyxx209 View Post
Clippers are no first round exist,time for paul to find another team but his like melo his in it for the money.And jazz are good young team on the rise remind me off warriors when coming up,jazz add a super star(gordon is gonna be a super star)they are on their way up!!

jazz and bucks are good future!!
I think the Bucks would be a good move from the perspective of trying to win. I think, given the ticking clock, his other best options are Atlanta & San Antonio. Maybe the Jazz, but I'm not sure that replacing the poor man's Chris Paul with Chris Paul himself is going to take that team over the edge. I would like watching him go back to New Orleans and try to build something with Davis, Cousins, and Gentry. That team would need some more shooting, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Chris Paul is one of, if not THE, most overrated player of his era. I have never bought into his hype, and I remember him going back to his ROY days. He's going in the HOF because the BHOF is the most loosely contested HOF in all sports. The NBA has long deserved it's own Hall, but whatever...

He's a great regular season player who has never been a great postseason player. He and David West couldn't get it done in New Orleans, not that they had a ton of help, but that '08 team was as accomplished as his best LA teams of '14/15, being a 2 seed and getting to Round 2 and playing with West, Tyson Chandler, Stojakovic...and he and Griffin couldn't get it done in LA. Paul is the classic case of a guy with good numbers, but when you watch him play in the biggest games, he lacks killer instinct and his play doesn't match the numbers. He's the classic case of a guy who should have NEVER been inserted as the #1 guy on any team. He's a good #2 option....he's not a #1 and never has been a TRUE #1. People have forced that role on a guy who has proven he can't carry a team the way a TRUE #1 can...

He and Carmelo are the same guy. All indications point to Paul just being about the money. We'll see. He's 32 this week. If he cares at all about getting a ring and bettering his legacy, he leaves LA for a team with the ability to be a contender. If not, he validates every thought I've ever had about him....

Don't even get me started on sorry-ass Doc Rivers, quite possibly the most overrated head coach of all time...
He is a great player, although he has been at times overrated. He's certainly better than Carmelo ever has been. That New Orleans team was really good--really, really good. I think Tyson Chandler's injuries ended what could have been a great, long-term core.

I agree with you on Doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Chris Paul is a heck of a player. But he is overrated. His style of play is fun to watch because he is a throwback. He's the point guard looking to set everyone else up. The problem is that style is outdated. While Chris can score at times, its not his strong suit. So defenses play him for the pass. They stay home on shooters and keep a body on Griffin and Jordan. Finally, they take advantage of his size by putting a bigger defender on him. Over the course of a series this wears him (and the Clippers) down.

Chris gets a lot of praise in part because people are impressed seeing such a small player do what he does. But the net effect is never enough. Some have mentioned him going to the Spurs. But his style doesn't fit there. He likes to hold the ball too much. Spurs players have to be able to play well off the ball. Plus, he's too small to really work in their defensive schemes.

The Clippers need to hope for a Cavaliers defeat. Then they can offer Chris Paul to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving.
I would think the Cavs crazy if they moved Irving for Paul at this stage of their respective careers--but Lebron the GM will get what he wants . . .

The Spurs have proven to be very adaptive. When Tony Parker was at his peak, their offense left the ball in his hands, where he broke down defenses using his speed & penetration. I think they could make quite an offense out of Paul, Leonard, and Aldridge. Defensively, he certainly can offer at least as much as Parker ever has. Paul's definitely in decline, but still a good player.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:22 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,502,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post

Chris Paul is overrated because the competition gets better in the playoffs and he and his teammates can't cut the mustard? But, get him someone better then Luc Richard what's his name and DeAndre Jordan laying FT brick houses and everything's better.

If you want to say he's not top tier with KD or LJ, fine. I don't know anyone who claims that. But, don't kid yourself in thinking that GMs won't fall over themselves to get him on the roster.

So, Doc is overrated because...well...I dunno. Did someone compare him to Red Auerbach that I missed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Chris Paul is a heck of a player. But he is overrated. His style of play is fun to watch because he is a throwback. He's the point guard looking to set everyone else up. The problem is that style is outdated.
He's overrated because he's not someone else?

That's why I don't take claims of "OVERRATED!" seriously often, if ever.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:19 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,714 times
Let me guess, he is overrated because he doesn't jack up 3's all game or play hero ball?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball