Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 AM

17 posts, read 37,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Thanks for a great season Tar Heels, we just didn't play well enough to win last night. Hopefully, we can do better next year. Great season regardless.

Also, Congratulations to the Jayhawks and their fans, they played great last night and deserved to win, hopefully they'll keep it up tomorrow night, best of luck!

you go x....good to see decent fans own up if you know what i mean. i continued to stick around and give kudos even when my Dukies got their asses whooped all year. unlike some fans who fall off the face of the earth when their team looses. classy move. the wounds will heal....yall will be ok next year. sucks like hell im sure. heck, even i was floored by the loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
I wonder what % of bracket boards had a Kansas vs Memphis in the championship?

I doubt that was the most predicted.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
This is the first time I've been on this weekend but I'm here to take what's coming

I have never been so angry at a team in my life! Where the H*** was the team I've cheered for all season long? It's like they didn't make it to San Antonio! And don't even get me started on Roy! Did he forget that he's not in Kansas anymore??? And no one needs to start on Tyler either b/c he was the only player we had that even tried to play hard! No doubt Kansas was great and they beat us fair and square but I totally put a lot of this loss on Roy. He tried to be too mellow about it since he coached there so long. Well, guess who signs his check now and it's not Kansas! Oh well, maybe next year. Good luck to Memphis and Kansas. I don't really care which one b/w those win. I hope it will be a great game....the blowouts at this point are sad!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:00 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Smile Go Jayhawks!!!

It was great fun to watch Kansas kick tar heel ass!!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
This is the first time I've been on this weekend but I'm here to take what's coming

I have never been so angry at a team in my life! Where the H*** was the team I've cheered for all season long? It's like they didn't make it to San Antonio! And don't even get me started on Roy! Did he forget that he's not in Kansas anymore??? And no one needs to start on Tyler either b/c he was the only player we had that even tried to play hard! No doubt Kansas was great and they beat us fair and square but I totally put a lot of this loss on Roy. He tried to be too mellow about it since he coached there so long. Well, guess who signs his check now and it's not Kansas! Oh well, maybe next year. Good luck to Memphis and Kansas. I don't really care which one b/w those win. I hope it will be a great game....the blowouts at this point are sad!
It was a disappointing show for Carolina, no doubt. I expected a helluva match up!

But make no bones about it . . . KU fans are still PO'd that Roy "deserted them." I am sure of it b/c I hear about it from my KS friends regularly, LOL. I am sure this was quite an embarrassing loss for Roy. I do not think he feels mellow at all about facing KU. I cannot imagine a worse defeat for Roy (on a personal level).

Carolina has talent and let's hope they go all the way next year . . .

Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It was a disappointing show for Carolina, no doubt. I expected a helluva match up!

But make no bones about it . . . KU fans are still PO'd that Roy "deserted them." I am sure of it b/c I hear about it from my KS friends regularly, LOL. I am sure this was quite an embarrassing loss for Roy. I do not think he feels mellow at all about facing KU. I cannot imagine a worse defeat for Roy (on a personal level).

Carolina has talent and let's hope they go all the way next year . . .
I just didn't see any intensity in him at all for coaching this team and I firmly believe the players look to the coach for how to react to teams. I knew KU was gunning for them which is why I was stunned to see how unaffected they seemed when the game started. I hope they all come back and can do it next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball