Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:59 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times

Advertisements

Keeping Kuzma was important for the Lakers, as Ingram and Ball were going to be more expensive ($7.5-8 million or so each). Kuzma, on the other hand, will only make $2 million this year and $3 million next year. For a guy that could average 18 points a game, that's a steal. His upside is probably not as high as Ingram's, but will be able to contribute alongside James/AD right away. So in essence, we kept the cheapest (and arguably the best) of the 3 young players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 03:45 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Keeping Kuzma was important for the Lakers, as Ingram and Ball were going to be more expensive ($7.5-8 million or so each). Kuzma, on the other hand, will only make $2 million this year and $3 million next year. For a guy that could average 18 points a game, that's a steal. His upside is probably not as high as Ingram's, but will be able to contribute alongside James/AD right away. So in essence, we kept the cheapest (and arguably the best) of the 3 young players.

I just don't think Ingram made the strides necessary to fit in the Lakers organization window of opportunity. No Lebron and everything would have likely remained status quo. They don't want to be Cleveland 2.0 and waste his remaining years surrounding him with less than stellar talent.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:43 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Good return for New Orleans, they get some good young pieces to build around Zion.

One problem though, they also get LaVar Ball in this deal. Hope the Pelicans have plenty of aspirin on hand.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:15 PM

242 posts, read 174,332 times
This is the 3rd potential Super Team in Lebron James career. More players will commit to the Lakers in free agency so with the Warrior's all injured,The only competition for the Lakers out West is the Rockets and Nuggets.

I don't wanna hear no excuses by the Lebron apologists that he never ever had help like Jordan lmao.

Jordan best player ever was Pippen.

LeBron had D Wade, Kyrie, Bosh,Ray Allen,Kevin Love and now Anthony Davis.All those player's are literally leaders on other team's and Dwade can claim status as 3rd greatest SG of all time.

I don't wanna hear any excuses come June if the Lakers don't get it done.

Kawhi just ran through the East with his best sidekick being Lowry lmao.His playoff run is greater than anything Lebron has ever faced coming out the East.

I won't give Kawhi credit for beating an injured Warrior's team but I do give him credit for having the Warrior's down by 25 pts in 2017 before his own injury.

He doesn't cry about needing multiple superstars to come join him.He just goes out there with whatever team he has and he gets the job done.

On paper,the 76ers and Bucks should've ate the Raptors based on talent alone.But Kawhi has that dog in him.
That Iverson,Kobe and Jordan killer is in Kawhi and it'll be interesting to see how this free agency plays out.

But no excuses for Lebron !

Old 06-18-2019, 01:44 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
What is the most games AD has played in a season?

Old 06-18-2019, 05:46 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyCity View Post
Anthony Davis has been traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and 3 1st round picks, including No. 4 overall pick in 2019 draft.
Considering the Pelicans already have the 1st pick in which they will get future superstar Zion, this might be enough to build a contender with.

For the Lakers, if Davis and Lebron are healthy, they will challenge for the title next year.

So I guess good move for both.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:56 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
What is the most games AD has played in a season?
The same can be asked about Lonzo.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:58 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Considering the Pelicans already have the 1st pick in which they will get future superstar Zion, this might be enough to build a contender with.

For the Lakers, if Davis and Lebron are healthy, they will challenge for the title next year.

So I guess good move for both.
I actually think the Pelicans may package the 4th pick and Lonzo for a good experienced player who can start now!! I am not convinced Lonzo will stay in New Orleans.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:02 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I actually think the Pelicans may package the 4th pick and Lonzo for a good experienced player who can start now!! I am not convinced Lonzo will stay in New Orleans.

That would be good thinking for their organization. The 4th pick isn't going to bring you anything great in this draft, most likely, and you're already drafting Zion with your #1 pick. Package Ball and the pick and see what offers are on the table. If I'm NO, I'm trying to resign Randle. He balled once he got out of LA.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:05 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Certainly this package gives the Pelicans a lot of options. If Zion is good as some think, they will be a contender as long as he's there if they play their cards right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball