Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 01:42 PM

813 posts, read 441,413 times

Advertisements

This girl is the real deal, and an absolute blast to watch. Shoots from the craziest angles and just dominates. Her passing is as good as her shooting.

I gotta admit I really don't watch girls basketball, but this kid just draws me to her games. She's for real.

I might even watch my first WNBA game next year to see how she does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCF7ag5EITQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 02:04 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofJersey View Post
This girl is the real deal, and an absolute blast to watch. Shoots from the craziest angles and just dominates. Her passing is as good as her shooting.

I gotta admit I really don't watch girls basketball, but this kid just draws me to her games. She's for real.

I might even watch my first WNBA game next year to see how she does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCF7ag5EITQ
When she gets hot, she's unstoppable. The 1st half of today's game had to be the worst I've ever seen her play. I believe she only had 4 points, but 6 assists. 2nd half, she exploded. 28 points to finish with 32 points against a REALLY good Nebraska team.

Old 03-10-2024, 02:08 PM

813 posts, read 441,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
When she gets hot, she's unstoppable. The 1st half of today's game had to be the worst I've ever seen her play. I believe she only had 4 points, but 6 assists. 2nd half, she exploded. 28 points to finish with 32 points against a REALLY good Nebraska team.
That's the mark of a great player. To be able to turn around a bad start and be so clutch in such high pressure moments proves how great she really is. Winners know how to win, and she's a winner.

Today's game was a blast. And her after game comments was all about the team. She is a pleasure. One can't help but root for her and be drawn to watch her play.

Old 03-25-2024, 02:48 PM

4,341 posts, read 2,227,253 times
She's gonna have a tough time in a league that is hostile to YT privilege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lhP...=TooLazyToHoop

Old 03-25-2024, 05:22 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
She's gonna have a tough time in a league that is hostile to YT privilege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lhP...=TooLazyToHoop
Yup, going to face a learning curve for sure......but money and game talk. I'll add she is just one of a new generation of NIL players who understand that their value is in not only the strength of their games, but in their ability to attract male fans, which they are doing a great job succeeding at. She will not be alone, maybe rare at first. Angel Reese is doing the same thing, just had a bit of an off year having too much fun with the NIL stuff (IMO.) I firmly believe the money in women's basketball will come from male fans, who would love to be able to watch the sport through the same lens as women's tennis. Fun to watch the tennis, fun to watch pretty ladies playing it.

I mean no offense when I say the current marketing strategy has seen it's pinnacle, and it's not many viewers and it goes against the other big market they have tried to tap into, young girls who they wish to inspire. When you make your league THAT overtly political, you alienate at least 1/2 the population.

So..........the trick for Clark is to surround her with a "hockey 4th line" meaning Indiana better have 2 or 3 roster spots open for "goons" who will retaliate hard and without concern for their own fines if anyone messes with their star player.

Last edited by westsideboy; 03-25-2024 at 05:46 PM..

Old 03-26-2024, 06:29 AM

3,939 posts, read 2,338,527 times
I think if LSU meets Iowa in the Elite 8, that's must see tv. Ratings aren't getting any better. Reese is playing better during March madness and Clark is killing it. Should be a good one.

Old 03-26-2024, 06:38 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Yup, going to face a learning curve for sure......but money and game talk. I'll add she is just one of a new generation of NIL players who understand that their value is in not only the strength of their games, but in their ability to attract male fans, which they are doing a great job succeeding at. She will not be alone, maybe rare at first. Angel Reese is doing the same thing, just had a bit of an off year having too much fun with the NIL stuff (IMO.) I firmly believe the money in women's basketball will come from male fans, who would love to be able to watch the sport through the same lens as women's tennis. Fun to watch the tennis, fun to watch pretty ladies playing it.

I mean no offense when I say the current marketing strategy has seen it's pinnacle, and it's not many viewers and it goes against the other big market they have tried to tap into, young girls who they wish to inspire. When you make your league THAT overtly political, you alienate at least 1/2 the population.

So..........the trick for Clark is to surround her with a "hockey 4th line" meaning Indiana better have 2 or 3 roster spots open for "goons" who will retaliate hard and without concern for their own fines if anyone messes with their star player.
All of this really turns me off to being a WNBA fan. Finally there is a player that might make it interesting but with a league and players that seem fine with her never being a big star and probably fine with me not being fan because I am a man and white. They talk diversity but are fine if the league was made up 100% of black lesbians.

Old 03-26-2024, 11:33 AM

1,849 posts, read 867,463 times
Yep, for the first time ever we are turning on Women's Basketball to watch her play.

Old 03-27-2024, 01:42 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
I watched the 4th quarter of the Iowa/WVU game and certainly Clark is a baller.

But the real proof of her talent is all the hate being directed at her. God forbid a white girl who is not ghetto trash be the star!

Old 03-27-2024, 10:33 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I watched the 4th quarter of the Iowa/WVU game and certainly Clark is a baller.

But the real proof of her talent is all the hate being directed at her. God forbid a white girl who is not ghetto trash be the star!
Sounds like you spend too much time on Truth Social.

The reality is that every great up and coming talent will be "hated." Oscar was hating on Steph only a few years ago. And Lebron got lots of hate as a rookie. The fact is that seasoned vets always dislike younger players getting shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKz-I-v9u2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FtlGivdPrM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball