Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,591 times

Advertisements

Needing a change of scenery and would like to try city living for a while and wanted to find out how the subdivision between GW springs and S choctaw at Monterrey is. I think the name of it is Park Forest. How is the crime in this area and the traffic in this area? Mainly worried about the crime, because i hear parts of Baton Rouge, just like everywhere is full of crime. I work from home so commuting to work is not a problem and i do not have any children. Single White guy in his late 20's. Just wanting to see if this is an area where i have to sleep with a gun under my pillow or a place where i can feel safe. lol. the houses in this area are in my price range and look fairly nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 07:11 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times
Not No , but HELL NO ! Seriously .

Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times
Park Forest really isn't a very good choice. The homes are mostly spacious and affordable, but the neighborhood has really gone down in the last 20 years. Definitely not the most dangerous part of Baton Rouge but not some place I would want to live or recommend to people.

If that's the price range you are in and the general area you're interested in, it does get better south of Choctaw in Villa del Rey...but even that neighborhood isn't one of the nicer ones (but I don't hear much about crime)...homes there are large, affordable, and are on big lots.

You may be able to creep into the lower end of the Sherwood Forest housing market. That neighborhood is on the other side of Florida Blvd. from Villa del Rey.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,591 times
Right now i am just looking and thanks for letting me know about that subdivision. Am actually shocked at that info it looks really nice and well kept up. My budget is between 150,000 and 215,000.00 and i would like to be in baton rouge close to everything but still feel like i have some privacy and again low crime is VERY important to me. Any ideas on subdivisions would be great. Dont want to be out in the middle of nowhere, but dont want to be able to spit on my neighbors window either.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:56 AM

97 posts, read 285,540 times
You are a smart buyer to do your homework! Ask, ask, ask.... These forums have great information.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,583 times
$150k - $215k is a very solid price range, you should have no problems finidng something. Obviously, not every neighborhood and house is going to be perfect.

If you want to be in the thick of things, you may want to check out the sherwood forest and especially the broadmoor area. Closer to Goodwood, the better (generally speaking). There's also cheaper neighborhods like Avalon between Millerville and Oneal as well as that neighborhood that is between Florida blvd, that goes along Ponderosa Blvd. It is very close to the Park Forest neighborhood you mentioned. If you want a big yard, you may need to check out monticello. Drive around and check them out.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:52 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
I personally like Park Forrest and Monticello, have spent time in both places. Sherwood would have to be the best though, my aunt lives there. It's quiet, safe, homes are older but very well kept up, and close to everything on Sherwood Forest Blvd, Old Hammond, Goodwood, Airline, and I-12. I actually wanted to buy a house there. It might not be your cup of tea but you should go and look. Also Shenadoah would suit you as well, located between Jones Creek Rd and Coursey Blvd south of I-12, that area is pretty nice. Both areas (Sherwood and Shenandoah) would have bad traffic at times.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,299 times
Default How about Villa del rey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrr2882 View Post
Right now i am just looking and thanks for letting me know about that subdivision. Am actually shocked at that info it looks really nice and well kept up. My budget is between 150,000 and 215,000.00 and i would like to be in baton rouge close to everything but still feel like i have some privacy and again low crime is VERY important to me. Any ideas on subdivisions would be great. Dont want to be out in the middle of nowhere, but dont want to be able to spit on my neighbors window either.
I don't know if we can respond to these threads personally, my suggestion would be looking in Villa del Rey. I just left that subdivision and it was wonderful living, close to everything and everything close to us. Absolutely good and peaceful living.http://www.city-data.com/forum/image...ies/oglvvd.gif

Last edited by gloriak22; 03-18-2012 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: needed editing of qualifying statements of incorrect sentence.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:46 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times
This thread is well over a year old .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge