Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 AM

69 posts, read 186,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWbyNW View Post
Driving from La Pine to Bend is at least 45-50 minutes. That is a healthy uphill comment (one way) that can really eat up your gas tank. I'd personally look to a home within Bend, or maybe Redmond. Bend has the most amenities and is suburban with good middle class neighborhoods.
What is the drive from Sunriver to Bend? Do people in Sunriver consider themselves part of La Pine, part of Bend, or none of the above ??? Did they finish widening 97 between Sunriver and Bend ? That should help Sunriver and La Pine commuters . . .

How easy is it to find a rental house on acreage in Sunriver / La Pine / Three Rivers South ?

Last edited by JuniperRidge1; 02-14-2012 at 12:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM

36 posts, read 126,719 times
I have family that owns a cabin in OWW which is about 10 minutes south of Sunriver. We can leave the cabin and be in Bend in 30 minutes easy, about 40 or so if there is snow. The Sunriver/Three Rivers area for the most part is considered Bend but when you get south of S. Century it transitions to La Pine. I was just in the area this past weekend and saw numerous houses for rent, acreage might be a little harder to find though. Most of the ones I saw were on 1/2 acre lots.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:50 AM

69 posts, read 186,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
I have family that owns a cabin in OWW which is about 10 minutes south of Sunriver. We can leave the cabin and be in Bend in 30 minutes easy, about 40 or so if there is snow. The Sunriver/Three Rivers area for the most part is considered Bend but when you get south of S. Century it transitions to La Pine. I was just in the area this past weekend and saw numerous houses for rent, acreage might be a little harder to find though. Most of the ones I saw were on 1/2 acre lots.
Thank you for this info ... and one half acre is better than anything in town due to the much maligned urban growth boundary.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM

541 posts, read 1,731,056 times
Anything else you need help with, we are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend