Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 01:35 PM

189 posts, read 189,266 times

Advertisements

Aloha Kakahiaka -

Which company would you recommend for a bundle package for a landline phone, internet service, and TV cable service?

Mahalo.

Judy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 01:38 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,663,767 times
I think you should start with finding out what is available in your neighborhood. Phone reception and internet speed can vary by location. It's usually a good idea to talk to your neighbors and find out what they are using.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I think you should start with finding out what is available in your neighborhood. Phone reception and internet speed can vary by location. It's usually a good idea to talk to your neighbors and find out what they are using.
It’s a new subdivision. No one is living there yet. But we were told by the realtor that either will be available.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:34 PM

112 posts, read 96,754 times
What location? We use HT for internet but Dish Network for TV. Both work great. We are in OV.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:04 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,663,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luau Time View Post
It’s a new subdivision. No one is living there yet. But we were told by the realtor that either will be available.
Sorry, but realtors don't always have the best information. Call the companies you are considering and give them your address. There are some areas of my subdivision that aren't served by the cable company. And the cell phone reception can vary widely within the subdivision. Too bad there aren't other neighbors who have experience with this.

BTW, I've never seen "Hawaiian" abreviated as "Haw'n". Is this a Southern thing? Kind of like "y'awl"?

Old 04-25-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantw View Post
What location? We use HT for internet but Dish Network for TV. Both work great. We are in OV.
Ola Hou Estates in Keaau. Hawaiian Tel is installing high speed internet. When I asked the realtor about Spectrum, she said that Spectrum said they would provide service as soon as there are 10 homes built in the subdivision. I prefer not to go with Dish Network or Satellite TV.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Sorry, but realtors don't always have the best information. Call the companies you are considering and give them your address. There are some areas of my subdivision that aren't served by the cable company. And the cell phone reception can vary widely within the subdivision. Too bad there aren't other neighbors who have experience with this.

BTW, I've never seen "Hawaiian" abreviated as "Haw'n". Is this a Southern thing? Kind of like "y'awl"?
Our building permit is in the process for approval, so no physical address has been assigned yet. One home has been completed and is for sale, and a few other lots are in the process of being built. Considering the subdivision is approximately a mile from “downtown” Keaau, I think there’s a good possibility that both HT & Spectrum would be available as indicated by the realtor.

“Haw’n” is my personal shorthand abbreviation.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:31 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,020,110 times
I've seen "Haw'n" as an abbreviation before, although I don't remember exactly where.

You can ask Planning for your house number, they have numbers on lots even without houses on them.

Well, since Spectrum isn't there yet, it looks like you'll get to start with Haw'n Tel.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
I've seen "Haw'n" as an abbreviation before, although I don't remember exactly where.

You can ask Planning for your house number, they have numbers on lots even without houses on them.

Well, since Spectrum isn't there yet, it looks like you'll get to start with Haw'n Tel.
Yes, we’ll be with Haw’n Tel. I did a search on Google and every response preferred HT. When I used the address for the new home for sale in our subdivision, Spectrum said to call them. So, apparently it’s not in their system yet.

It’s a long way off, but I’ve always been a researcher and planner. I’m also not a procrastinator.

Have a great day.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:00 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
$190k for a 1 acre lot in Keaau? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island