Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2020, 03:20 PM

575 posts, read 1,199,320 times

Advertisements

that purple and gold (yellow) house still on Kamaoa Rd? I always thought it odd that someone would paint their house the team colors of their favorite sport team. I'm assuming the Lakers were their favorite team.

By my question you can probably tell I don't have much to do today. I think my shelter in place is getting to me and my PTSD is about to kick in.

But I did find the colors of the home to be a little odd. It is not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 03:57 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,676,166 times
Hi JoDan. It was the “Laker House”! They sold that house and it’s been repainted. If I were buying that house, I’d have money for the paint job built into the offer.

A house in Discovery Harbour sold recently. All the interior walls were painted really intense bright Caribbean colors. In some cases, each wall in a room was a different color. I think it was bought as is, so I guess there were people who were okay with it.

Hope you are doing well in quarantine.

Old 06-15-2020, 04:18 PM

575 posts, read 1,199,320 times
Sorta...getting out for Dr's appointment. May have mentioned I'm dealing with my third bout with cancer. Having surgery June 30 to remove my left adrenal gland. I have it in my right also and been undergoing treatments since December. Treatments working on my right, but not my left. Kinda crazy, but I just deal with it. Should be ok when the left comes out. I'll be on steroids rest of my life and PET scans every three months.

Hana Hou and the bakery still open? I'm sure they've been hit hard.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:07 AM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
Maybe it was the Vikings house.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:41 AM

65 posts, read 69,320 times
Aw, I thought the Laker house added something special to the drive through Kamaoa. Too bad it's just another house now.

While we asking, is Shaka's still going? And I second the question, Punaluu Bakery still making malasadas every morning? Naalehu just wouldn't be the same without that smell......

Old 06-16-2020, 11:59 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,042,466 times
There was that house just outside of Hilo heading towards Waimea that was painted dark blue with bright yellow trim and had stars all over it. It's was there about a decade or so ago, but it's been repainted, I think.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:20 PM

112 posts, read 97,009 times
LOL...we used to like seeing the "Laker House" when we'd drive past. Seemed like they must be big fans...

Old 06-16-2020, 07:23 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,676,166 times
I'm currently in Colorado for the summer, but I do know that the Punalu'u bakery reopened recently. Hana Hou has been open for take-out only for a long time. We used to go eat there every Friday night, so during COVID we would pick up take out dinners to help support them. Not sure about Shaka's, it's not our favorite place.

The farmers market is now open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the new location with lots more space. The vendors are spread out, but there are 27 vendors on Wednesdays which is quite a lot.

JoDan, good luck with the health problems. I hope we see you back in Ka'u when it is safe for you to travel.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:18 AM

181 posts, read 176,137 times
We picked up a pizza from Hana Hou’s last week. It was quite tasty an reasonably priced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island