Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 06:37 PM

55 posts, read 34,557 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I was at CVS with a pharmacy technician facing the opposite direction, and a customer taps me on my shoulder instead of saying excuse me to get through the isle.

At Keaukaha General Store, had a local guy with no face mask, using his tip of his shirt to cover his nose. He shove his way past me instead of saying excuse me. The guy was like sorry brother. I told him you are the one making yourself look like an idiot with no face mask, disregard to social distancing, and people health. He got upset at me, told me the wrong local guy will slap me across the head.

Then I was grabbing lunch from Short and Sweet, and lady come up to me and tap me on my shoulder, asking if I am in line.

How the hell do we practice social distancing? Just because us young people look healthy, doesn't mean we don't have underlying medical conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 01:00 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,559,631 times
Hi karen, if you have underlying conditions stay at home and wait for a vaccine. Average person's tolerance for the quarantines and distancing measures is done. not only in hawaii, but the rest of the united states. Not saying whether that's right or wrong, but it is the truth.

And the dude you talked to at general store is correct. You mouth off like that to the wrong person, social distancing will be the least of your worries.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:19 PM

Explain to me how I am being a karen, maybe we can meet in person at Starbucks?

If locals like you don't care about social distancing, then why put a bad name on tourist visiting Hawaii?

Remember the woman coughing in the bus, and refusing to cover her mouth. Well apparently she had COVID-19, and the bus driver died as a result of her not caring for other people health.

Karen is consider a racist term. Before careful using that word at work, or the wrong person could file an EEO complaint against you. Applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability and genetic information (including family medical history).

My post is about social distancing, if we cant social distance then we cant control the spread of virus. How do I know who the random person at the store that touch me who they have been around, travelled, or even washed his hands after wiping his behind. We are not in a normal state welcome to the new normal until there is a vaccine. People have underlying medical conditions. You got to think of social distancing like being out in the road, you dont like people tailgating you because its unsafe.

Last edited by Sunshine808; 07-06-2020 at 12:32 PM..

Old 07-06-2020, 12:31 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine808 View Post
People have underlying medical conditions.
They should be wearing a N95 mask. Now readily available.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
They should be wearing a N95 mask. Now readily available.
I think back then mask were all bought by medical personnel. The lady on the bus was showing disrespect. I have a mask but still need to social distance. With a smart ass comment like that why dont you go ahead start supplying N95 masks to everyone on the Big Island. Pretty sad you dont care about social distancing. Which means you dont care about other people's health. Just because you are wearing a mask does not give you the privilege to not social distance. You need to social distance and wear a mask.

Last edited by Sunshine808; 07-06-2020 at 12:44 PM..

Old 07-06-2020, 12:54 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
I think back then mask were all bought by medical personnel.
Readily available on Amazon. (Also, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc)

Quote:
With a smart ass comment like that why dont you go ahead start supplying N95 masks to everyone on the Big Island.
Interesting that commenting a person with underlying conditions should wear a N95 mask which is readily available is considered "smart ass comment". And I hope the folks on the Big Island are mature enough to buy their own masks and not have them supplied by me.

Quote:
Pretty sad you dont care about social distancing.
Interesting, I don't recall saying that - perhaps you can refresh my memory

Quote:
Which means you dont care about other people's health.
Interesting, I don't recall saying that - perhaps you can refresh my memory.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:36 PM

10,561 posts, read 7,767,498 times
Quote:
Yesterday I was at CVS with a pharmacy technician facing the opposite direction, and a customer taps me on my shoulder instead of saying excuse me to get through the isle..
That's probably a more considerate approach than opening their mouth and jabbering words to you.

Keeping the mouth shut around strangers keeps virus spread down.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:52 AM

Social distancing, wearing a mask, and saying excuse me from from 6 ft away is what I call respect. You dont just shove your way past someone, tap someone on the shoulder, or even come close in contact. keep on thinking this way wait tell you get sick with coronavirus when flights resume, you will be wishing that you practice social distancing. Yes is it my right to yap off to that guy in the store, because you got to treat everyone as if they got the coronavirus. He toughed me, and could have gotten me sick. He shoved his way past me, instead of saying excuse me. Most importantly he was not wearing a mask.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:58 AM

404 posts, read 1,245,613 times
Quote:
At Keaukaha General Store, had a local guy with no face mask, using his tip of his shirt to cover his nose. He shove his way past me instead of saying excuse me. The guy was like sorry brother. I told him you are the one making yourself look like an idiot with no face mask, disregard to social distancing, and people health. He got upset at me, told me the wrong local guy will slap me across the head.
As the saying goes: Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool rather than to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:35 PM

236 posts, read 195,871 times
Quote:
Yesterday I was at CVS with a pharmacy technician facing the opposite direction, and a customer taps me on my shoulder instead of saying excuse me to get through the isle.

Then I was grabbing lunch from Short and Sweet, and lady come up to me and tap me on my shoulder, asking if I am in line.

How the hell do we practice social distancing? Just because us young people look healthy, doesn't mean we don't have underlying medical conditions.
The reason these folks arent practicing these new world order guidelines is because many of us know that it isnt based on reliable science, the CDC has lied over and over again about mask, no mask, and they have no data proving that forcing humans to stay away from each other helps anyone. Some of us do read the science. You dont quarantine the healthy. Masks rob you of oxygen and you breathe in dangerous co2 gas. Many of us want to live our lives in a healthy way and it doesnt include being forced to do these behaviors which make zero sense. If we mingle together, we strengthen our immune systems It has worked for centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island