Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,455 times

Advertisements

Try the clarkhawaii site for real estate. They usually have more pics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,513 times
Thanks, Huey! There are a lot of them, but I'm not sure if I can narrow the search to Volcano. Looks like it's for all of Puna District.

I do like that the square feet is listed next to the photo.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:29 PM

md and Balad, we will definitely want a lanai. We enjoy sitting outdoors, and I think we'd have more opportunities to do so there than in soCal. But still I think we'd want at least 1,500 square feet of living space.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 PM

I'm kinda in your situation, jm...moving from a larger house to a smaller one...but we're bringing as little as we can and plan to expand to whatever space we find.

We're planning on a lot of lanai time...in Seattle, well, it's not so nice for outdoor living, except in the summer.

Good luck with your search!

I can give you the name of a realtor...but she's based on Kona so I don't know if she shows on that side of the island...let me know if you need a name and I'll send it to you.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the offer. Cyn and I have been in contact before, and she's familiar with the area.

We've enjoyed visiting Seattle in the past, and had only one problem with the weather. That was January, 2007 and the city got hit with 2 inches or so of snow the night before we left for home. The drive to the airport was interesting, to say the least. I had rented a Jeep Commander because we were going to be in Cle Elum for a few days, and I learned to drive in Michigan, so no problem with the snow. The locals, though...

Old 02-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post
Thanks for the offer. Cyn and I have been in contact before, and she's familiar with the area.

We've enjoyed visiting Seattle in the past, and had only one problem with the weather. That was January, 2007 and the city got hit with 2 inches or so of snow the night before we left for home. The drive to the airport was interesting, to say the least. I had rented a Jeep Commander because we were going to be in Cle Elum for a few days, and I learned to drive in Michigan, so no problem with the snow. The locals, though...
What part of MI? I'm a native of the Mitten State too.

Yah, snow out here is a whole other animal...people can't drive in it, it's so hilly it's dangerous, and I just stay put and let the novices play bumper cars.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Flint, originally. Born there and stayed until I was 20 and went out of state to college. But I left in 1968 and have visited only a few times since. The only tie now to Michigan is the in-laws. My parents moved to Florida in 1975, the same year that we settled in soCal.

At least you get snow occasionally in Seattle. Getting even an inch of snow here would be great population control.

Many drivers can't even handle a little rain, yet so many people are transplants from states that have snow, ice and all sorts of bad weather.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,304,014 times
Quote:
Cyn - where would I be able to find a copy of the CC&Rs? I know that I've seen a house somewhere in Volcano that had a moderate-sized antenna. And yes, our primary area of interest in is the Volcano Golf & Country Club subdivision.

I didn't find as much in the MLS as you did. Do you have a link to the site that you're referring to?
My search was in the agent version of the MLS, but these listings should show up on most newer RE sites...(City-Data TOS prevents me from posting any direct links here! Sorry! I'll reply to your last DM.)

I will see if I can scan a copy of the VGCC CC&Rs from my office and get them to you, I'm not sure if they are online. If I remember from our past conversation, we discussed that with Ron Rigg and he didn't know of any prohibition on an antenna, but I need to revisit the info to be sure!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,304,014 times
Quote:
Thanks, Huey! There are a lot of them, but I'm not sure if I can narrow the search to Volcano.
Just click on Advanced Search, then choose Volcano Golf and Country Club Subdivision from the drop down list! (NOT Volcano Golf and Country Club Estates V)

Old 02-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Thanks, Cynthia, but the subdivision drop-down didn't have a choice of Volcano Golf & Country Club; only Volcano Cymbidium Acres.

Perhaps there's nothing in that subdivision that's for sale at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island