Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:14 PM

27 posts, read 39,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanspacesbham View Post
Nobody's upset about anything really... It's just a discussion forum. That's the point. However, it is irritating to see views from people who have no real clue of what's going on in Birmingham. When is the last time you've been here?

We WILL get a dome stadium. We will probably have an announcement this year per the mayor. We do not live in a dream world... We do not think we will be getting an NFL team anytime soon... But we do need the arena for other purposes.

There is proven analysis that says we need it. We don't need the olympics. We don't need the RNC. We don't need an NFL team. YET. However, there are plenty of other things that we need it for. Believe it or not, we are home to a lot of regional events and could be home to some national events if we have the space.

On this forum, we are more interested in the growth of our own city... Not bashing other people's cities. It doesn't benefit us. That's why we react to such posts in the way that we do.
Atlanta getting a new stadium for the Braves and the Falcons.

Atlanta have surpass Bham by a million

Atlanta stay getting events etc.

Hell, Nashville already surpass Bham by mile

What is Birmingham getting??? I bet 1,000,000,00% will not make a announcement this year about Dome. It will never happen!!

like I said earlier, Bham is all talk and no action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 12:17 PM

27 posts, read 39,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Hey star8700/slowgroove....guest what?

I DON'T CARE!

Hope you feel better soon.

Bless your heart.
You do care, you keep replying back.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 PM

779 posts, read 1,010,287 times
Does anyone know how to block people from city data? I'm feeling stalked. People are posting personal info about me on the forum and they now have my phone number. That's a little scary, no? I received a voice message from someone on the forum this morning. How are they finding out these personal facts about me?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times
Click on the tiny triangle on the upper right of the objectionable post and you can leave a message for the moderator.

Click on the objectionable person's screen name and, on the pop-up men, click on "View Public Profile." On their public profile, click on "User Lists" (right under their name) and then on "Add to Ignore List."

Quote:
Originally Posted by star8700 View Post
You do care, you keep replying back.
I still don't care, but I do enjoy yanking your chain.
Bless your heart. Have a nice day.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:48 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,772,785 times
just curious, raj, what park does birmingham have that even approaches central park, much less surpass it?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:54 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
I'm pretty sure he is talking about Red mountain park which is 1300 acres to Central Park's 843.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:05 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
just curious, raj, what park does birmingham have that even approaches central park, much less surpass it?

RED MOUNTAIN PARK

Read about it and visit it. It has only been under development for about two years now but they have accomplished a lot. Great walk/bike trails, zip line, historic architectural edifices of the early mining era. A great lawn with a lake. Two dog parks. (big and small) A bird watchers dream.

Approach the temporary entrance at the end of FRANKFORT DRIVE, a right turn off LAKESHORE PKWY, when headed west.

There are several great overlooks of DT. Just check the map before you start so that you can find them as this is a huge park and is not yet well marked.

There site can show and tell much more than I.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:32 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,373,249 times
What does a park have to do with this thread>?????

Old 05-19-2014, 12:53 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
What does a park have to do with this thread>?????
You're a big boy, read the thread and figure it out yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
View detailed profiles of: