Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times

Advertisements

My DD's best friend is moving to Trussville, AL.

Can someone recommend good, safe nabes in the 200-250K range. She is coming up to visit us next weekend. Her parents are also going to be moving up to the area but will be looking for their own home.

Schools are not a concern, but safety is..

Is there an area we should tell her to be wary of?

She will be working in the Trussville area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 AM

350 posts, read 1,313,240 times
She should be good just about anywhere in Trussville in that price range. Do you think she would like to have some listings sent to her?

Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 AM

I will find out and let you know. I just want to be sure someone doesn't direct her to a not so safe area.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:29 AM

I fully understand. If she was looking in the $150K or less range, then I would have some concerns. But I can not think of one bad place in the Trussville area in the $200 - $250K range. But as I'm sure you are aware, if one does exists, other members here will let you know. But I can not think of any.

Good Luck!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:02 PM

629 posts, read 3,599,332 times
I would stay away from the Clay and Pinson sides of Trussville and concentrate if not buy on the Springville/Argo/Odenville side.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic Bessemer View Post
I would stay away from the Clay and Pinson sides of Trussville and concentrate if not buy on the Springville/Argo/Odenville side.

I do not know if I agree 100% Would you please state why you say this?

Steeplechase, Highland Trace, Holly Springs, Polo Downs, just to name a few, are well within her price range in Pinson/Clay area and are good safe places to live.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:31 AM

67 posts, read 366,328 times
My aunt lives in Steeplechase and it's lovely, upscale, and totally safe. There also seem to be a nice range of home prices to fit your budget.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aponeil View Post
My aunt lives in Steeplechase and it's lovely, upscale, and totally safe. There also seem to be a nice range of home prices to fit your budget.
I agree 100% as I have sold several home there.

Highland Trace, Holly Springs, Polo Downs are also a few other upscale places as well, there are still more.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If you do not fully know the area of some place, it is very easy to miss out on some very nice homes, in some very nice areas. Look up Bessemer on here, where I live, and based on what you read, chances are, you would never buy here as the ones who truly know the area well are far out weighed by those who don't, so you read more about the
negative areas then the positive ones. I guess it is the same as if you tell someone you are from New York. The first place they think of when you tell then that is "New York City" - didn't you just think of New York City too? However, New York is a huge state with more farmland than most people realize. NY Ranks second in the nation for apple orchards. Hence, The Big Apple.

The best way to know a good part of town from a bad part (I know a bad part of Homewood and Vestavia - who'd of thought?) is to go to the area with someone who knows the area, like a Realtor and see for yourself.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,348,871 times
[quote=Back Again;3849184]I agree 100% as I have sold several home there.

Highland Trace, Holly Springs, Polo Downs are also a few other upscale places as well, there are still more.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If you do not fully know the area of some place, it is very easy to miss out on some very nice homes, in some very nice areas. Look up Bessemer on here, where I live, and based on what you read, chances are, you would never buy here as the ones who truly know the area well are far out weighed by those who don't, so you read more about the
negative areas then the positive ones. I guess it is the same as if you tell someone you are from New York. The first place they think of when you tell then that is "New York City" - didn't you just think of New York City too? However, New York is a huge state with more farmland than most people realize. NY Ranks second in the nation for apple orchards. Hence, The Big Apple.

The best way to know a good part of town from a bad part (I know a bad part of Homewood and Vestavia - who'd of thought?) is to go to the area with someone who knows the area, like a Realtor and see for yourself.[/quote]

How bad could it be?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 PM

Thanks to all who replied. My DD went to B'ham today to visit and to look at houses with her friend.

Her friend actually bought a house today in Carrington Lakes. I was surprised but I guess she found 'the one' and decided to go ahead and buy it. Of course, I am sure DD being there helped give her support in her decision.

Thanks again.. you all are the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area