Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Welcome To Case's Column
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Welcome To Case's Column

Let me say a big welcome to all of you for joining me here. I'm going to call these blog meetings Case's Column. I wanted to use "Corner", but that was already taken. Since 2008, it's been a real privilege to come on here and share some of my life with you, and it's a big world where we live.

In these blogs, I'll just speak whatever is on my mind, but we will be playing within the rules here. I may pick a particular topic, point out an event, or shoot the breeze. I'm a little bit of an essayist at times, so I'll just speak what's on my mind, and I might tell a story or two. Or, I might spew out an opinion or three. There will be some serious moments, some tender, some poignant, but there will also be those moments that you'll just bust out laughing. But, hopefully, everything will be in good fun here. And, of course, there's a place below for your comments and thoughts as we go along here. So feel free to join me for the ride -- I sure as heck hope I'm doing this right and not making any mistakes.

Thanks for taking your time in reading Case's Column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy being entertained by it as much as I've enjoyed putting these writings together. And thanks for the time you spend in City-Data.com, where it's great to be alive!

Regards,

case44

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Social Media Not On The Side Of Real Americans

Posted 01-14-2021 at 06:53 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Do you still recognize America as founded? Well, not if you use social media, apparently. We all are going to have differences of opinion, and regardless of whether we agree or not, they should all be posted on these big tech sites. It's called freedom of speech.

Gee, where's that gone the last few weeks or so?

It's progressively gotten worse in the last week as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, as well as other like sites, have all decided...
Simply Proud To Be Humble
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Closing Rest Areas: Why Couldn't DOTs Finish What They Start?

Posted 01-13-2021 at 07:50 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

In driving around my state and my neighboring state, I've seen rest areas on major interstate highways close in recent years. New ones were built since at different locations, but what became of the ones which closed?

Departments of Transportation personnel are supposed to get rid of the buildings, but they should also be getting rid of all the concrete parking areas and the associated ramps. Most of the ones I've seen, Texas and Oklahoma can't seem to get rid of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Time For The Buddy Holly Hall To Finally Open

Posted 01-12-2021 at 07:45 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

When not much else had been proposed for Lubbock in past years and had actually succeeded, the new Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences has reached the point of exceeding everyone's expectations.

It is becoming a reality, folks. Believe it.

Come January 23, the very group that this facility was born for will grace the stage for the venue's maiden voyage. That would be the Lubbock Symphony. It is only fitting. But later on, the...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Case May Be Dodging Some Snow Tomorrow

Posted 01-09-2021 at 06:15 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Seems like Mister Freeze loves Central and West Texas, but not North Texas. Winter storm advisories have been posted in counties west and south of where I live. Basically, all my area will get is a rain-and-snow mix, along with a cold rain. Temperatures are not expected to get below freezing. This stuff is going to begin tonight and conclude tomorrow night.

Considering that my metropolitan region has not had ice on the ground in the past five years, this is quite...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

We Still Have Two Beatles Around Even Today

Posted 01-07-2021 at 04:57 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

For any fan of The Beatles, you still have a little solace. Two of their members are still alive even as I am writing this chickenscratch, and they are still kicking.

Paul McCartney. Ringo Starr. One half of the Fab Four. And, yes, in 2021, they're still here for all of us to share our musical lives with.

In fact, Paul just did a tribute to his friend and rival, Gerry Marsden (late of Gerry & The Pacemakers), who just passed away...
Posted in Uncategorized