Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

November 19, 2023 - Exhortation

Posted 11-19-2023 at 02:29 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Many Believers have felt that their future looks bleak, because nothing has changed or moved, and it had been like this for so very long. But know that many are coming into their predestined future; you are being given "hope and a future," like Jeremiah 29:11 says. We are in that season now – to see those changes happen. Unprecedented changes are coming to all long-standing, stagnant areas in your life -- they will no longer be dry and barren but filled with the fulfillment of His word....
Posted in Christianity
Old

Resurrection Life

Posted 11-18-2023 at 08:06 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"There were many bones in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. And the Lord said unto me, 'prophesy upon these bones and say unto them, Behold I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.'" - Ezekiel 37: 2,4,5

There are times when Christians get so hopeless and disappointed -- so discouraged because they have become stagnant in their spiritual growth because they have been living into themselves and not allowing the Holy Spirit to live through them...
Posted in Christianity
Old

November 18, 2023 - Exhortation

Posted 11-18-2023 at 12:35 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Jesus came to earth knowing the purpose of the Father for His life. Every born-again believer has a purpose (calling) destined by God that is connected to advancing His Kingdom in the earth.

Much of the favor of God that you experience is tied to whether or not you are living your life pursuing that purpose.

"His Kingdom come and will be done on earth as it is in Heaven..."

God desires His Kingdom to expand through you. As you learn to live...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Rule And Reign

Posted 11-17-2023 at 10:55 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you...." - 2 Timothy 1:6

Every believer holds a position of authority that comes with God-given talents or gifts and is hidden in Christ Jesus, above all demonic authority. So why are so many of us INEFFECTIVE?

God didn't save and deliver you so you could preserve His gift in a sealed jar and live life as usual.

God's people were created to rule and reign, not to be defeated....
Posted in Christianity
Old

November 17, 2023 – Exhortation

Posted 11-17-2023 at 04:22 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

There are lands that must be taken in 2024. No matter what it is, you can believe that God wants to do it. Be it according to your FAITH (Matthew 9:29). Don't limit your thinking, because God wants you to break out and break forth into the new thing that He has in store for you. It is good and healthy to FORGET the former things, as God wants to do a NEW THING. Learn how to MOVE ON and FORWARD into the NEW! Don't live in the past, but move into your future in the Lord.

The enemy came...
Posted in Christianity