Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Separate Yourself From The Herd

Posted 08-16-2023 at 05:07 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Ephesians 4:1 - "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."

Scripture says you have treasures in your earthen vessel. Jesus came to bring you abundant life. Through the strength of Christ you can do anything you think or imagine -- and even more. But not every believer will look for the things God planted within them to be used for His glory. Not everyone will choose to fulfill God's purpose for their life.
Posted in Christianity
Old

Step Out And Take It

Posted 08-16-2023 at 05:04 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Joshua 1:3 - "Every place upon which the sole of your foot shall tread, that have I given to you, as I promised Moses."

God told Joshua that the land was his, but he needed to step out and take it.

God has provided everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). He has promised, but we need to take action as the Holy Spirit leads us. We must add our diligence to the promises and exercise our faith (2 Peter 1:5).

If you are expecting...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Moving Forward In The Upward Call

Posted 08-16-2023 at 05:03 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Philippians 3:12-14 "... I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead...I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Ignore the tendency to glamorize what you left behind. Not yet arriving at your destination can cause you to sweeten even an unhappy past and prompt you to doubt where you are headed.

Where you were...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Passing Blessing To Othes

Posted 08-16-2023 at 05:01 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Matthew 28:19,20 - "Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them..."

Virtue is always manifested through the blessings that you have passed on. Nothing will be of any importance to you except what you pass on the others.

God wants us to be so in the order of the Spirit that when He breaks upon us the alabaster box of ointments, which represents the anointing...
Posted in Christianity
Old

God Does Not Ever Change and Is Always Faithful

Posted 08-16-2023 at 04:59 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Malachi 3:6 - "I am the Lord, and I do not change..."

Even if we become faithless, God remains faithful. As humans, we often change toward people when they change toward us, but God does not do that. He is who He is, and nothing we do (or don't do) changes that fact.

It is awesome to think about how Jesus abides in us, and therefore, we are never alone -- we are never without hope and strength. As we repent from our sins, His forgiveness for past, present,...
Posted in Christianity