Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Four Things Jesus Taught About Prayer

Posted 04-13-2024 at 10:41 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Regardless of what we see or don't see in our earthly circumstances, we can be encouraged by four things from Jesus in His teachings on prayer (Luke 11:1–13; 18:1–8):

1. Our prayers will be answered. "'So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you'" (Luke 11:9).

2. God will always answer our prayers with good things (even if they aren't in the form we expect). "'Which of you fathers,...
Posted in Christianity
Old

April 13, 2024 - Exhortation

Posted 04-13-2024 at 12:22 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

John 15:1,2,4 - "I am the Real Vine and my Father is the Farmer. He cuts off every branch of Me that doesn't bear grapes. And every branch that is grape- bearing he prunes back so it will bear even more....Make your home in Me just as I do in you.....When you're joined with Me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant." - (The Message Bible)

God must show us the great darkness we are in when our soul tries to find its ultimate...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Responding To The Call Of The River

Posted 04-13-2024 at 01:05 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Matthew 3:13-17 - 13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan [River], to be baptized by him. 14 But John tried to prevent Him [vigorously protesting], saying, “It is I who need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?” 15 But Jesus replied to him, “Permit it just now; for this is the fitting way for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John permitted [it and baptized] Him. 16 After Jesus was baptized, He came up immediately out of the water; and behold, the heavens were...
Posted in Christianity
Old

April 12, 2024 - Exhortation

Posted 04-12-2024 at 08:18 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"The winter is past…the flowers are springing up, and the time of singing birds has come…the fig trees are budding, and the grapevines are in blossom," and then he repeats his invitation for her to arise and come away with him (Song of Solomon 2:13).

Like in the Song of Solomon, you have entered into a new season. The Lord is beckoning you, wooing you, inviting you to come away from where you have been and arise into a new place with Him – a place of greater revelation...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Praying for your children

Posted 04-11-2024 at 07:14 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

That they will know Christ as Savior early in life.
Psalm 63:1, Timothy 3:15

That they will have a hatred for sin. Psalm 97:10

That they will be caught when guilty. Psalm 119:71

That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: spiritual, emotional, physical. John 17:15

That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships.
Daniel...
Posted in Christianity