Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

United to the resurrectin power of heaven

Posted 05-09-2016 at 03:56 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

We are not harnessed to our flaws and weaknesses; rather, in spirit-to-Spirit fusion we are united to the resurrection power of Heaven! Our mission is not merely to attend church but to walk with God, whose eternal goal has predestined us to be "conformed to the image of His Son" (Romans 8:29), which requires a life of purpose and DESTINY.

QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF:

How am I creating an opportunity fo God to act through my faith?

What incredible
Posted in Christianity
Old

Complete in christ

Posted 05-09-2016 at 03:44 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

It is imperative that we realize our personal identity in Christ. In Colossians 2:9 we discover this central fact concerning Christ Jesus: "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily."
Our outlook on life is changed as we comtemplate: "And you are complete IN HIM who is the head of all principality and power." (Colossians 2:10)

"You are complete," which means we lack nothing at all, as we abide in Him. Abiding in Christ...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Christ behind our walls

Posted 05-09-2016 at 03:33 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Behold, he is standing behind our wall, he is looking through the windows, he is peering through the lattice" (Song of Solomon 2:9).

Yes, Christ dwells within us, but He is standing behind our "walls." The walls between us and the Savior are primarily the work of unrenewed minds and hardened hearts. We have barricaded ourselves behind fears and carnal attitudes; we are held hostage by sin and worldly distractions.

Yet these barriers can be eliminated....
Posted in Christianity
Old

RIGHT STANDING WITH GOD - 2 (of 8)

Posted 05-09-2016 at 01:21 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

http://afministry.ning.com/group/yah...h-god-2-of-8-1
Posted in Christianity
Old

Scripture Of The Day - HAVING FAITH

Posted 05-09-2016 at 06:50 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

http://afministry.ning.com/group/scr...having-faith-1

We become the heirs of faith by.........................
Posted in Christianity