Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Deeds, claims, and promises of jesus - 10 (of11)

Posted 05-03-2016 at 04:19 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

http://afministry.ning.com/group/dee...-jesus-10-of11

You are God’s son if....................................
Posted in Christianity
Old

Breaking forth into the glory

Posted 05-03-2016 at 07:37 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

http://afministry.ning.com/notes/BRE...LORY?show=true

To tap into a life of breakthrough is to...............................
Posted in Christianity
Old

SEEING WITH THE EYE OF THE DOVE - Meditations

Posted 05-02-2016 at 06:43 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

http://afministry.ning.com/group/yah...ve-meditations
Posted in Christianity
Old

Consecrated to our destiny

Posted 05-02-2016 at 03:53 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Corinthians 10:5 - "We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience...."

Nothing is to hinder the seed of DESTINY God has planted in us. We are to breakout of small mindedness (unforgiveness), old mind sets, and human thinking and enter into the MIND AND PLANS OF GOD FOR OUR LIVES. It is only our lack of failure to obey that hinders the breakout....
Posted in Christianity
Old

Understanding our door to freedom

Posted 05-02-2016 at 03:46 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Jesus refers to Himself as being the Door – the only Door that gives life. (John 10:7-11)

We want to eat from the Tree of Life today, but there is a thief who wants us to eat from the wrong tree! The enemy attempts to seduce us in our thinking.

The antichrist spirit began its evil deeds in the Garden of Eden – it did not wait until the very end of times to appear! This spirit is targeting our minds today in many ways and robbing us (he is a thief!) of our dreams...
Posted in Christianity