Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Already A Reality

Posted 01-16-2024 at 02:15 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Hebrews 11:1 - "Now faith is the substance fo things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

The verse does not say that faith is the evidence of things that do not exist. God says what He has promised is already a reality. Yet it won’t become a manifested reality in my life until I believe it is real before I see it – through fully trusting Him and His word.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 - "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to...
Posted in Christianity
Old

A Great High Priest

Posted 01-16-2024 at 01:39 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Hebrews 4:14 -- "Having, then, a great High Priest, who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession."

A GREAT HIGH PRIEST, JESUS THE SON OF GOD

The name JESUS speaks of His humanity, and of His work as a Savior from sin. This is is the first work of the priest -- the cleansing , the putting away of sin.

Secondly, the name SON OF GOD speaks of His divinity, and His power as High Priest, really to bring...
Posted in Christianity
Old

January 16, 2024 – Exhortation

Posted 01-16-2024 at 12:02 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Some Believers are beginning to arise as burning ones, knowing their Christ identity; no longer living under ceilings and limitations. The revelation of being in Christ is now burning so deep within them -- deeper than ever. They are being delivered and transformed as they come to a deeper understanding of God's purpose for their lives.

He is calling you out to arise and take your place.

"Is not My word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Imagination - God's Creative Dimension

Posted 01-16-2024 at 12:33 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." - Genesis 11:6

God is always communicating with us, whether we are aware of it or not. God speaks in the parables of Jesus and the epistles of Paul so that we can come into the knowledge of God (the New Covenant) through the Spirit of Understanding, in order to gain wisdom to move in His counsel...
Posted in Christianity
Old

January 15, 2024 – Exhortation

Posted 01-15-2024 at 08:33 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Don't allow yourself to stagnate and become callous and cold. Now is the time to awake from slumber and rouse to reality (see Romans 13:11-14)!

Even now, the Holy Spirit is descending, hovering, and brooding over you. Shake yourself from the depression in which circumstances have kept you! You are standing at the threshold of God's glory!

Right NOW God is calling you forth from the circumstances that have knocked the wind out of you and left you lifeless....
Posted in Christianity