Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Welcome To Case's Column
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Welcome To Case's Column

Let me say a big welcome to all of you for joining me here. I'm going to call these blog meetings Case's Column. I wanted to use "Corner", but that was already taken. Since 2008, it's been a real privilege to come on here and share some of my life with you, and it's a big world where we live.

In these blogs, I'll just speak whatever is on my mind, but we will be playing within the rules here. I may pick a particular topic, point out an event, or shoot the breeze. I'm a little bit of an essayist at times, so I'll just speak what's on my mind, and I might tell a story or two. Or, I might spew out an opinion or three. There will be some serious moments, some tender, some poignant, but there will also be those moments that you'll just bust out laughing. But, hopefully, everything will be in good fun here. And, of course, there's a place below for your comments and thoughts as we go along here. So feel free to join me for the ride -- I sure as heck hope I'm doing this right and not making any mistakes.

Thanks for taking your time in reading Case's Column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy being entertained by it as much as I've enjoyed putting these writings together. And thanks for the time you spend in City-Data.com, where it's great to be alive!

Regards,

case44

1. Old Comment

Case's Food Reviews: Installment Two

Cool, you went to one of my favorite cities (as if you didn't know that)! I'm sure you had a good time.

It looks as though I'll be headed up there for a day trip to check out the new football regime and their tweaks on D and to see if the O has many changes. The Red/Black game is that day and Coach TT has a lot of stuff planned.

I'm not sure where I'll eat before the game. You gave me two good ideas, though. The BBQ place might be too far out of the way with the tight schedule. Eating afterward isn't an option, unfortunately.

I can't wait to see the progress on the stadium and the garage north of it.

Parking in Style: New project caters to students and football fans | AVALANCHE-JOURNAL
  2. Old Comment

Man, I Never Thought Spring Would Actually Get Here

I hate to rain on your parade, but I just got my first mosquito bite of the year, inside.

However, it was nice to see that the Texas Tech baseball team was victorious last night. Unfortunately they lost tonight (stupid wind died down). Tomorrow they play again on FSN at noon. I bet you can't guess who they're playing.

Get your guns up!
  3. Old Comment

Two West Texas Voices Get Recognition

They were all great artists. And Billy Sherrill (even though he's not from Texas) comes with a pretty good story, too, case. Hope you get to share that sometime.
  4. Old Comment

Today Was All The More Reason To Be In A Good Mood

Good post, case. I'd hate to see what you're like in a bad mood.
  5. Old Comment

As for Lubbock, well, check back next month. I was driving in Grapevine last week (just a few miles from my apartment) when I visualized the idea and basis for this blog post, because I was having a really joyous day.
  6. Old Comment

I don't think you'll see too many convertibles with roofs down in Lubbock today--it's snowing/sleeting according to the weather map. It's 62 in Dallas right now, so a few might be down there.
  7. Old Comment

Two West Texas Voices Get Recognition

Good deal for Don and Dean!

Two legends finally get their recognition, I especially loved "Big John" by Jimmy and I really liked "I'm Just a Country Boy", "Country Boys like me" and "I believe in You" by Don.
    Updated 03-06-2010 at 04:40 AM by case44
  8. Old Comment

Case's Top Ten........Barbecue Places

Is that right, blue?? I didn't think they would ever begin construction on that place. If it, indeed, is open, I'll try to get over there and check it out as soon as I can get down there.
  9. Old Comment

Case, Salt Lick opened up a new location in Grand Prairie. I believe it's over by the Joe Poole Lake area. Haven't been there yet but one day I'll try it out.
  10. Old Comment

Product Makers Love Messing With Our Minds

I know the feeling. That experience also has happened with some microwave foods that I've had, so I definitely share your "pain".
  11. Old Comment

You've got some great ideas posted here. And, yes, you need to get to Kansas City, and they cook up some magnificent grub there. I'll try one of your places if you give me a few of your chocolate chip cookies.
  12. Old Comment

What May Be Boring To Some Might Be Scenic To Others

Keep trying, case. When you can get your own stuff posted, please share, man. We'd love to see!
  13. Old Comment

Oh, well. Thought they'd turn up. Just go to the "Lone Star Roads" website. I tried to highlight a few places along Interstates 10 and 20 in a reliable web page, and the trouble is, I don't have any of my own stuff on disc. (~Sigh~).

Live and learn.
  14. Old Comment

Case, I can't see the pics? It says "Error 403 - Forbidden".
  15. Old Comment

A White February: So Much Snow In North Texas

I saw one in the far distance, so that one, I'm not sure since the area below was obscured from view. But the one a few buildings down from me, I believe did not a single car under it.
  16. Old Comment

A White February: So Much Snow In North Texas

Quote:
    Two awnings at my apartment complex collapsed under the weight of excessive snow.
    Were any cars damaged?
  17. Old Comment

Scattershooting Again / Why Just One Day For A Museum?

Boy, spring won't get there soon enough.

And the NTS Building is not necessarily bad, but it's just not something you need to "remember" or stand out. It makes a better complementary building. I wish I could put a conception on a possible WesTex Tower to show everyone what it would look like.
  18. Old Comment

Scattershooting Again / Why Just One Day For A Museum?

This might sum up the mood in Washington, DC:

washingtonpost.com

Here's a pic of the NTS Building:

http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc17985.php
  19. Old Comment

Lake Travis: Will It Ever Rise Again?

Now it's 0.02 ft below normal, I think.
  20. Old Comment

Groundhog Day: Apparently, The Shadow Still Knows

Hey, I just want the hot, humid, and buggy season to be a little shorter in S. Texas.

Texsutawney Phil could analyze the personnel of the Tech opponents as well as their coaching schemes and write his doctoral dissertation from there.

If he forecasts dust, he can head back into his hole.