Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > CSD610
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Friday -- August 31, 2012

Ok, I read all your blogs! I love the way you write. I have notebooks, lots, with my thoughts a lot like yours. It helps me to get things on paper, clears my head some, and I always feel better after I've written. I have maybe 1 or 2 people I can actually express myself to. Sad, coming from a family with 5 brothers and sisters. Debt free? Everytime I get close to that, something comes up! But I survive. I cannot figure out quite who Sneakers is? Your husband? Must be. I hope you don't think I'm presumptious, or some kind of weirdo, I just think you sound like a kindred spirit in some ways. Best of luck to you and God Bless!
  2. Old Comment

Wednesday -- August 29, 2012

I Like You! You sound like me! I tried to befriend you, but couldn't. You responded to my post about Lexington, and since you were from IA thought I'dew look you up! I think you are someone I would like to know.
  3. Old Comment

Tuesday February 28, 2012

You're not jaded, just getting older and tired of hearing about how the younger generation have it so tough! A good many have never been deprived of anything and they somehow think the world owes them everything! I find that the older I get, the less I use my verbal edit button. I just say whatever I want. Nobody listens anyway but it give me a little giggle.
  4. Old Comment

Giving up being "Snarky" is quite difficult most days....

But ... but ... but .... posting our woes on a public message board is cheaper than a therapist! (just kidding) Nice blog.
  5. Old Comment
  6. Old Comment

A journey with a friend has been started this evening....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Okeydoekey View Comment
    CSD, may your journey be enjoyable, your troubles few, the Light of Jesus shine through you with the abundance of God's LOVE, the wisdom of God direct you, and the favor of God overtake you!
    Thank you so much, the support is appreciated.
  7. Old Comment

A journey with a friend has been started this evening....

CSD, may your journey be enjoyable, your troubles few, the Light of Jesus shine through you with the abundance of God's LOVE, the wisdom of God direct you, and the favor of God overtake you!
  8. Old Comment

Is this truly a paperless society and is it hereditary for some males NOT to put a new roll of paper on the roll?

Well, sooner or later, we'll still have to chop down that occasional tree.
  9. Old Comment

Is today the day to rant for a bit?

If you think about it, both of your rants were frustrations with people not considering others in their choices. Sadly, we've grown to a society of self-servers that forget that they will not always be independent.

Christ said the poor will always be with us. I believe that is because there will always be stingy, self-absorbed people. It's part of the animal behaviors we need to renounce to become humane, which is what all religious training is really about: forgetting oneself for the whole.

As I follow my spiritual journey, I've come to learn what irritates me is a signpost to places in myself where I am letting my ego prevail over my conscience. Those are the "splinters in others' eyes." Once I remove my "boards" from my eyes, I probably won't care about those splinters. Until then, I just think of them as the floaters I have now!

Have a great day CSD. 8)
    Posted 08-31-2010 at 06:35 AM by LookinForMayberry LookinForMayberry is offline
  10. Old Comment
  11. Old Comment

Friday August 13, 2010

I have 2 granddaughters born on the 13th, one in February, one is April...I like the 13th also
  12. Old Comment

Sunday's writing on Monday morning

There is also a place on there that you can sign up for that says something like if you send me one more farm, request, mafia notification, request for animals, etc., then I will (fill in the blank).
  13. Old Comment

First Blog for me

Thank you for the vote of confidence; I have been writing in a journal almost daily since it was an assignment my freshman year in English. I thought at the time it was pretty stupid but as I got older and wiser it has come to be not so stupid after all. Finally home after the big day out. What a story to tell from that adventure. I am certain every graduate of the "Moron's are us" school of driving was on the same road I was traveling today. Twenty six feet of U-Haul truck with about six more feet of vehicle tow dolly behind me and the race was on. The interstate looked like a parking lot with road construction slowing everyone down. It took approximately 35 minutes to drive 3.5 miles and that is only part of the story. I am wore out and all I did was drive that truck from the U-Haul company to my friends house. Oh well, thank goodness there are naps involved in one's day if they want one.

More later~~~~~~~
  14. Old Comment

First Blog for me

Judging from what you did, that's a pretty good start. Basically, with blogs, all you have to do is write a journal. That's the purpose of blogging. You just pick a subject (hopefully appropriate) and start writing. Much of what I write here comes from personal experiences. We do have an abundance of writers here with a variety of subjects, and a lot of the things we have here are really good. And then there are others who come on here without a clue of what a blog is. But in your case, you came to the right place. Just write about your experiences and be sure to follow the blog rules. From there, you'll be just fine.