Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM

63 posts, read 237,415 times

Advertisements

The company my husband is interviewing with is flying our family out next week for 4 days with our 2 girls. We are hoping to get a good sense of areas and neighborhoods as well as schools as we make our decision. Our budget is $350-500k although I would prefer to stay under $450k if possible. We need at least 3,000 square feet with an office and a formal dining room, plus a 3+ car garage. We would like a master planned development since that is what we are used to including a pool and we prefer new construction. I would love to hear thoughts from those who live in any of the neighborhoods below to narrow it down:

Bridgetower
Spurwing
Tuscany
Saguaro
Settler's Bridge

Brookwood
Banbury
Two Rivers
Island Woods
Lakemoor
Legacy
Mace River Ranch

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 01:10 PM

719 posts, read 1,567,479 times
Depends on what you're looking for I guess. Some of the Eagle developments will stretch or blow your budget, but there should be some options at that price point. The Meridian developments would be easier fits budget-wise. Personally if you're going to do the Eagle/Meridian suburbs thing, I'm of the opinion that you're a lot better off south of the Freeway just from an access standpoint. From there you'll be less than 15 minutes to downtown, whereas you might be closer to double that from Eagle or North Meridian. Plus there's a lot of services being added to the area as far as restaurants, shopping, a new Y, etc. Probably your biggest trade-off would be foothills and greenbelt access. Tuscany is in South Meridian off of Eagle and I used to live there - nice community, but the part being built out now has really small lots. You might also check Kingsbridge if you're looking at new construction (just east of Eagle Rd, whereas Tuscany is west of it - with larger lots). Reflection Ridge is another new development going in just to the west off of Locust Grove, but I'm not sure on the price point there - their niche is offering view lots along the ridge that runs through that part of town.

Where will your husband's commute be taking him? If he's working in Eagle, my advice probably sucks...

You could also check out Harris Ranch in Southeast Boise for new construction in that part of town. Your time to commute there to downtown would be similar to the Tuscany/Kingsbridge area, but you'd be on the greenbelt and wouldn't have to deal with the freeway at all. More pricey for what you get, though.

Volume wise, I'm sure most new construction would be happening in North Meridian. I'd be leery of the traffic and location, though - but as with anything, YMMV.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 AM

63 posts, read 237,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaD View Post
Depends on what you're looking for I guess. Some of the Eagle developments will stretch or blow your budget, but there should be some options at that price point. The Meridian developments would be easier fits budget-wise. Personally if you're going to do the Eagle/Meridian suburbs thing, I'm of the opinion that you're a lot better off south of the Freeway just from an access standpoint. From there you'll be less than 15 minutes to downtown, whereas you might be closer to double that from Eagle or North Meridian. Plus there's a lot of services being added to the area as far as restaurants, shopping, a new Y, etc. Probably your biggest trade-off would be foothills and greenbelt access. Tuscany is in South Meridian off of Eagle and I used to live there - nice community, but the part being built out now has really small lots. You might also check Kingsbridge if you're looking at new construction (just east of Eagle Rd, whereas Tuscany is west of it - with larger lots). Reflection Ridge is another new development going in just to the west off of Locust Grove, but I'm not sure on the price point there - their niche is offering view lots along the ridge that runs through that part of town.

Where will your husband's commute be taking him? If he's working in Eagle, my advice probably sucks...

You could also check out Harris Ranch in Southeast Boise for new construction in that part of town. Your time to commute there to downtown would be similar to the Tuscany/Kingsbridge area, but you'd be on the greenbelt and wouldn't have to deal with the freeway at all. More pricey for what you get, though.

Volume wise, I'm sure most new construction would be happening in North Meridian. I'd be leery of the traffic and location, though - but as with anything, YMMV.

Thank you so much! I have added your notes to my list of things to check out this next week and we are really looking forward to exploring the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: