Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 03:08 PM

25 posts, read 54,946 times

Advertisements

Glad to have this confirmed! A new Costco will be opening in Nov. 2016 on Linder/Chinden. This is a huge plus as we are big Costco shoppers. Also, my family is looking to move to Meridian/NW Boise in the Spring of 2016. Can't wait to call Idaho home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:25 PM

229 posts, read 707,263 times
Has this been confirmed online anywhere? I told someone in Eagle about this but she's skeptical (the first Trader Joe's was rumored to open up at Chinden/Linder as well). She wants verification and I can't find any (Statesman, Idaho Business Review, Weekly, Costco's site).

Old 10-11-2015, 08:11 PM

285 posts, read 541,307 times
Default Rumor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsofBoise View Post
Glad to have this confirmed! A new Costco will be opening in Nov. 2016 on Linder/Chinden. This is a huge plus as we are big Costco shoppers. Also, my family is looking to move to Meridian/NW Boise in the Spring of 2016. Can't wait to call Idaho home!
Care to state what your basis for this rumor is? I hope it isn't addicted to Costco.com

I doubt that a project to that size could submitted to Planning Department, contracted for purchase, contracted for building, and all the other things need in 1 year. Capital budgeting and planning for a corporation the size of Costco has a lot longer planning horizon then that.

Also the access problems would require major access improvements to Chinden and Linder and that would require Capital budgeting changes in ACHD.

I am not convinced.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:19 PM

25 posts, read 54,946 times
Hey, I should have mentioned the source. It was a Costco employee at the Boise location. As I was checking out I asked if there was any truth to the rumor and both the cashier and the lady helping box items said yes and how much it would help with current overcrowding, employee hours etc. They were very much looking forward to it.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 AM

42 posts, read 80,007 times
By the golf course?

Old 10-12-2015, 02:51 PM

879 posts, read 2,859,098 times
I feel like I've heard this rumor before 2-3 years ago.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:40 PM

285 posts, read 541,307 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsofBoise View Post
Hey, I should have mentioned the source. It was a Costco employee at the Boise location. As I was checking out I asked if there was any truth to the rumor and both the cashier and the lady helping box items said yes and how much it would help with current overcrowding, employee hours etc. They were very much looking forward to it.
Let me just propose a hypothetical. Does anyone really think that a $20-$30 million or larger capital budgeting decision that would get hard wired into Costco's planning process would be shared with employees in the local area? Until they got all the logistics nailed down (e.g. buy the property, line up the traffic infrastructure needs with ACHD, obtained initial planning approval, etc.), corporations keep those things under wraps.

The Nov. 2016 date is the same as on Addicted to Costco web site and their list of potential locations is pretty weak historically. BTW, this is not an official Costco website.

This type of rumor has been going on for years. I would keep it in the rumor bin.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 11,455 times
The rumor has been confirmed! Woot! Go Costco!
When you pass by the huge field, you can see orange flags and posts in the ground.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:19 PM

731 posts, read 958,994 times
Linder and Chinden, Meridian, ID, 83646 - Retail-Pad (land) Property for Sale on LoopNet.com

??

Old 01-11-2016, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 9,735 times
It's confirmed November 2016. Some of you are misinformed but Costco keeps all their employees in the loop from the bottom to the top. They take care of the employees better than any business out there. The employees know what's going on especially when the regional and VP come to town and let everybody know including members shopping while they walked the floor like normal employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area