Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,741 times

Advertisements

As long as I remember each week, I will try and start this thread... Thanks in advance for your responses!

Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 AM

324 posts, read 1,285,761 times
The International Fair at the Jim Graham Building at the fairgrounds. I've never been and am definitely checking it out this year.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
The International Fair at the Jim Graham Building at the fairgrounds. I've never been and am definitely checking it out this year.
Good Call, here is a link I found. I can't seem to view the Program of Events. Does anybody know what this Fair is like. I might check it out.

International Festival of Raleigh (broken link)

Old 11-01-2007, 08:53 AM

324 posts, read 1,285,761 times
There is tons of food from all over, cost is extra to the admission but you really have tons of choices so good to go hungry from what I've heard. My coworker goes every year with her kids and they said they have a great time. There is a lot of ethnic dancing, food, and I guess they had a booth last year where they were doing Henna on peoples hands. She came to work with some really neat designs. It sounded like so much fun from everything she told me last year. Kind of like the fair perhaps? Pay admission and then take plenty of extra money for food I think from the sound of it.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
This Friday is First Friday.

Thanksgiving Taster at Capital City Grocery on Saturday.

The City of Oaks Marathon is this Sunday.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all i've got at the moment.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
First Annual City of Oaks Marathon and Half Marathon is taking place Sunday in Raleigh......

Spectators/cheering always appreciated by the runners

Sony Ericsson City of Oaks Marathon and Rex Healthcare Half Marathon - Raleigh, North Carolina

Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,149,679 times
Cary Band Day is Saturday and has a parade through downtown Cary: Cary Band Day - Spectator Info (http://www.caryband.org/band_day/spectator_info.shtml - broken link)

New Hope Valley Railway has a special event with steam engines: New Hope Valley Railway & NC Railroad Museum

Here is a link for First Friday: Celebrate First Friday :: Downtown Raleigh Events

Old 11-01-2007, 01:07 PM

403 posts, read 930,215 times
Troika Music Festival is going on this weekend.

Troika Music Festival 2007

Old 11-01-2007, 01:36 PM

161 posts, read 602,443 times
This is always my favorite weekend to go to the Flea Market at the State Fairgrounds on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh. It has been closed down for the last five weekends for the State Fair, so the dealers have had a lot of time to get new items. Throughout November and December there are more dealers than the rest of the year because of the upcoming holidays.

The flea market is the best shopping in the eastern half of N.C., in my opinion. You can find anything from fine antiques to cheap junk, and there are always some bargains. You can find furniture, china, yard art, army surplus, books, antique hardware, paintings, primitives, stained glass, restored lamps, Asian antiques and reproductions, jewelry, semiprecious stones, pottery, plants, music, rugs, unusual clothing, etc. There are also food booths: pizza, hot dogs, fudge, fresh fruit, etc. There is a section that is basically people clearing out their basements and attics.

Unlike some Flea Markets, this one doesn't start very early; if you get there much before 9, most of the dealers won't be set up yet.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:55 PM

65 posts, read 192,000 times
St. Catherine of Siena Church Harvest Day and Great Chili Challenge Chili cook-off and fall festival, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday; 1:30-4:30 p.m., Sunday. 520 W. Holding Ave. Wake Forest. 570-0070, ext. 70.

They will have games, rides and food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary