Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 08:28 PM

134 posts, read 177,887 times

Advertisements

Census figures show Idaho has U.S.'s fastest-growing population | Idaho Statesman

Old 12-21-2017, 09:54 AM

355 posts, read 565,075 times
I read about that yesterday also, all over the news.

Crazy that the state of Idaho has had a 200k increase in population since 2010, while the state of Texas had a 400k increase in population last year! Wow.

Here are some additional stats, including state populations and population increases by numbers of people.

https://census.gov/newsroom/press-re...tes-idaho.html

Old 12-21-2017, 04:49 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
You might want to hope that Idaho loses that title. Otherwise eventually overcrowding, congestion etc etc takes over. Just take a trip to Fla, and see what decades of fastest growing can do to a state.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:01 PM

355 posts, read 565,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
You might want to hope that Idaho loses that title. Otherwise eventually overcrowding, congestion etc etc takes over. Just take a trip to Fla, and see what decades of fastest growing can do to a state.
I think vxflyboy was just posting data. I doubt that many (real estate agents not included) want Idaho to have that title.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:57 AM

347 posts, read 402,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
the way I look at it you are either growing or dying

Old 12-24-2017, 09:54 AM

661 posts, read 833,927 times
The US population is expected to continue to increase, people have to live somewhere.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:05 AM

149 posts, read 175,582 times
Let's hope the economy is not going to be booming here....it's all about economy growth. As for my husband, he is in appraisal business. No matter what state we are in, there is always jobs for appraisers

Old 01-03-2018, 12:51 AM

820 posts, read 1,069,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjoey View Post
... I doubt that many (real estate agents not included) want Idaho to have that title.
Actually, I am a real estate agent and I don't like to see growth faster than we can handle it! I realize the population nationwide is growing and the appeal for Boise, but we have to be smart about our growth or we will loose what we love about Boise!

We need to continue working on our Master Plans for each city and do a better job of tying them together with resources. We need to do a better job planning for the expected growth. We need to be considering technology changes like the potential for driverless cars and their requirements for drop off / pick up lanes. We need to realize that traffic is no longer based on driving into downtown at dawn and an exodus at dusk. Our traffic now crosses each community north/south as well as east/west and it is no longer 8-5 for commutes.

We need to amend our zoning to allow for more home based businesses and maybe have a spot at the entry of a subdivision for large parcels to be dropped off instead of Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, etc., trucks going in and out of subdivisions constantly.

I don't like seeing our farmland growing houses instead of crops. I don't like seeing urban spawl while we still have vacant land that could be developed closer into towns.

I don't like our government giving density credits to do infill projects while simultaneously giving credits to build out in rural areas. Which do they want?

I love the business I am getting due to growth, but I have to ask why "when we can't keep up with what what we have, why keep trying to grow any faster"?

Old 01-03-2018, 05:52 PM

134 posts, read 177,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjoey View Post
I think vxflyboy was just posting data. I doubt that many (real estate agents not included) want Idaho to have that title.
This is a correct statement

Old 01-03-2018, 06:37 PM

169 posts, read 198,747 times
"I don't like seeing our farmland growing houses instead of crops. "

While I understand this sentiment, Idaho housing is so cheap because you can actually build here unlike the urban East Coast, etc. We have a growing population in the US and need more housing. You are spoiled with new housing here and I don't thInk you'd like the opposite like Boston where they protest over building in a vacant lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area