Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,261,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingParadise View Post
I think the days of the Northend Bungalow below $300k, or even $400k, are gone. Bench homes that come up under $200k either have a significant problem that keeps them on the market, or else they are sold in less than a few days, often with a bidding war.
Good Point, you are doing pretty well if you get a Northend House under half a million.

Again, good point, the sub 200k Bench homes tend to be less desirable for one reason or another and are fewer and fewer. There are quite a few homes for around 300k or under.

Nampa remains a steal though, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephStrom View Post
So the wife and I have been talking about moving for a few years now and have slowly narrowed down our search of possible locations. We settled on Idaho, probably Boise area, in fact we already have a trip planned early July to spend a few days to officially check it out. However as I've been doing more and more research, I'm getting somewhat concerned we'll be "too late" by the time we're ready to move. What I mean by that is, for example, from what I'm reading it really sounds like Boise is going the route of Austin, TX. My brother in-law lives down there and we've spent some time there too. After it became "popular" and popped up on a lot of those best places lists, everything sky rocketed (housing, rentals, cost of living, etc) but wage did not. In fact he says it's on track to easily get close to San Fran cost of living (which he also lived for a while). Our goal with the move is to finally buy our first house, and ideally only house. Combined, we should hopefully be around 100k/year give or take depending on what she finds there (she's a nurse). My job is coming with me so no worries there. No kids or plans on kids so we don't need anything massive housing wise. But the housing market seems pretty crazy at the moment, or so it seems from other posts.

I just wanted to get opinions of those there now as to whether or not my worries are founded. Granted a lot can change in a year one way or the other but from glancing at some of the recent posts in here, it seems like it should be a legitimate worry.

Also quick side random question, where are all the basements? I'm noticing a lot of houses for sale with no basements but I thought ID was a basement-enabled state?
San Francisco cost of living?
I would steer clear of that then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: