Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:17 AM

5 posts, read 26,934 times

Advertisements

I am certainly hopeful to here all the positive and it seems maybe I was just in the 'wrong areas' if yall really believe that the caldwell-nampa and surrounding areas do not have a drug problem scaling any worse than other places.

Parma and Caldwell still scare the---- out of me. We built a very nice home outside of parma, canyon county and had to call the police several times in the process because we had so much theft of materials. The police informed us that 95% of the crime was drug related....so we sat and watched all night for over a week...finally after we received a lumber gdrop off here came a truck.. we flipped on the lights..and these guys didnt flinch until we loaded the shotgun..and they thought that was funny. They did get arrested though, as we could then identify...and the police chief was right , these guys were so high on meth they would of robbed their grandmas..!!!!

Our children were very drug 'savy' by the time we sold and moved. The schools are a hotbed of gangbanging and drug dealing in canyon county.

I have five children, 3 boys and 2 girls, ages 23-16 and at one time they were all in school at the same time..!! The move did make a difference...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 04:24 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,791,068 times
Default Drug problems are EVERYWHERE in various degrees :-0

IdahoCarol, you state in your posts that you have been in Idaho ALL your life, but then go on to say that you have traveled extensively with the military. You then state that you always come home to Idaho .

Did you mean to say that you have lived the majority of your life in ID? Otherwise, if you really have only lived here in ID, and just traveled to other places, I would consider that a pretty 'sheltered' life. Even military life and ID only are pretty sheltered to me. Your idea of drug problems, compared to mine, would be much different. And I believe that is true for others besides me, who have either moved here from out of state or are considering it.

Anyways, the Caldwell and Nampa areas are much different than Eagle (read the Idaho Statesman or listen to tv news and you will see what I'm talking about ). Both Ada and Canyon county areas have drugs, because drugs are everywhere (now where have I heard that line before? - lol ). But Canyon County is much lower income, has more immigrants (both legal and otherwise ), and the crime and drug problems do not even come close to what Eagle has . That's like comparing apples and avocados !

Many people who come to City Data Forum (CDF) looking for information about Idaho have seen, heard and experienced much worse drug, gang and YES even traffic issues, than we folks here in Boise and surrounding cities have. The Good Lord knows I wish we had less of all of it (crime, drugs, gangs, poverty and traffic ), but I believe some posters portrayal of our area tends to be a tad BIT extreme ! JMHO as always though .

Of course, everyones' life experiences are different and they are entitled to their own opinions about where they live(d) and yours are WELCOME here also . Just don't be surprised when some posters do not experience your same issues and post to the contrary . And I am glad that your move made a difference for you and your children, but it appears that you are looking to move again out of state entirely ?! Let's hope the drug problems aren't any worse in the new area .

Best wishes to ALL as you search for a better life for you and your loved ones!!

Regards.

~HDL~
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCarol View Post
I have been in Idaho all my life...raised 5 kids and I have had the good fortune of extensive travel (military family) and I always 'come home to Idaho'

But I must be honest...I was raised in Caldwell and that is just a bare few miles from Eagle...I now live in the northern central mountains of Idaho and the BIGGEST reason for the move was the 'valley' as we call the Ada and Canyon county areas of Idaho are absolutely DRUG infested. It is like a plague. You can look up the front page stories of the Idaho Statesman and or more 'valley' local paper is the Press tribune...they will tell you that the epidemic of grugs and grug related violence is compareable with some of the worst in the nations statistics....

GOD BLESS and /good luck...Ill always love Idaho...ALWAYS... but reality is what it is....you said you had kids...you need to know..just because a place looks sleepy or subtle...well its the quite ones that'll get ya, so said my dad!!!

Sorry for the bad news.....But on the BRIGHT side move to northern Idaho!!!! Lots of snow but it really is a GOOD way of life
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCarol View Post
I am certainly hopeful to here all the positive and it seems maybe I was just in the 'wrong areas' if yall really believe that the caldwell-nampa and surrounding areas do not have a drug problem scaling any worse than other places.

Parma and Caldwell still scare the---- out of me. We built a very nice home outside of parma, canyon county and had to call the police several times in the process because we had so much theft of materials. The police informed us that 95% of the crime was drug related....so we sat and watched all night for over a week...finally after we received a lumber gdrop off here came a truck.. we flipped on the lights..and these guys didnt flinch until we loaded the shotgun..and they thought that was funny. They did get arrested though, as we could then identify...and the police chief was right , these guys were so high on meth they would of robbed their grandmas..!!!!

Our children were very drug 'savy' by the time we sold and moved. The schools are a hotbed of gangbanging and drug dealing in canyon county.

I have five children, 3 boys and 2 girls, ages 23-16 and at one time they were all in school at the same time..!! The move did make a difference...

Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,474 times
I am really trying to get out of Cali. Its chaos here!! I've looked allll over to relocate and cant seem to choose a place but I think Eagle, iD is the place for us. We have a business in Classic car restoration. We have heard of a huge car show there every year. Havent been able to make it, but hopefully this year! I honestly agree that ppl there are complaining about us Californians cause its something to complain about. We have a lot to complain about immigrants here. Not the reason why we want to leave.. .we simply cant afford it and schools are getting rediculous!! I dont want my girls to go here! Anyways, I am curious if my business would thrive there? We do body work, paint, and upholstery. Give me your thoughts.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:36 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,876,622 times
i have never lived in Boise, but I went for a visit to scope it out for a possible relocation. One thing that I took away from that trip was how incredibly nice everyone was to me. I'm from NYC, and when I mentioned that people seemed sincerely interested and welcoming. I have been all over the country and I have to say that Boise has to be one of the most friendliest places. Oh, and if you move to Eagle, there are so many California transplants. They won't bat an eye if you are from NYC>

Old 07-23-2010, 11:22 AM

12 posts, read 30,042 times
sam-- did you make it to boise? how was it ? im leaving in a matter of days...

Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,455 times
Default What can you tell us about Eagle, Nampa or Boise

We are retired and moving out of Ca, what can you tell us about living in Eagle, Nampa or Boise area? We visited last year in March and were impressed with everything and everybody. So friendly that I was suspicious. Not only that, but we didn't have to lock our car up! Is there new housing developments that might interest us?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM

623 posts, read 1,614,028 times
Hi, featherfriend11. Your visit sounds spot on--it is pretty friendly here. There are a few areas of new developments in the area. Our new construction has taken off in the past 12 months, with prices steadily rising in our local real estate market. Nicer new subdivisions include Harris Ranch, Paramount, Saguaro Canyon, Tuscany and Kingsbridge in Boise/Meridian. These are all larger communities with pools, clubhouses, walking paths, etc. There are many smaller pockets throughout town. One that is just breaking ground is a smaller community of patio homes for around $250,000 off of Apple in SE Boise, a very nice, close-in Boise neighborhood. Those aren't on the MLS yet--will be a great project with Jayo Construction (excellent builder). There are several areas in Nampa. I had retiree clients who have been very happy in Dallan Woods in Nampa and their wonderful builder has a home that is under construction now. They were able to get a three bed/two bath with high-end finishes and three-car garage for much less than in Boise or Meridian while still being in a beautiful, well-maintained subdivision. In Eagle there are some gorgeous higher end developments along the river or with lake views. Lots of choices out there for sure!! New construction is moving quickly right now.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:54 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,639,704 times
I still lock my car. There are jerks and thieves everywhere there are people. When I was moving into my apartment complex, I left a leather jacket on my car seat for about an hour while I was inside moving furniture and someone stole it.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 938 times
I am a senior female, alone, not married, where is the best and safest place for me to live. I would like to be around people my own age and be able to go places and do things. I could afford $275,000. Where should I start looking.?

Old 02-10-2018, 07:08 PM

169 posts, read 199,001 times
I’m from the East Coast, NY, NJ. MA
1. You will love it. You can’t go wrong with Eagle or Meridian. Eagle is more upscale spaced out housing. Meridian is more fully of families. Both are nice, schools the same quality meaning fine safe friendly no metal detectors...but be careful when locals brag about the schools they are compRing them to California gang infused wastelands, the teachers will have inferior educations to very ritzy East Coast power areas. Overall you will like the schools just warning Idaho is great but not everyone went to Yale ahem.
2. Don’t look at other areas of Idaho. Too weird and remote in comparison to what you are used to.
3.they hate Californians here but have no opinion of East coasters. Too few come here.
4. Stick with Eagle, Meridian or downtown or SE Boise for your budget (big for here) if you care about schools. Nampa and Caldwell are good as budget options but less..upscale..
People here are really nice, it is a great safe family oriented area. Move here before everyone figures that out.
Idaho rules!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area