Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,340 times

Advertisements

Hi there...

My wife and I are looking to purchase a home in Meridian. We have heard good things about Saguaro Canyon. Can anyone give us some insight as to the community, home values, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 10:46 PM

5 posts, read 22,347 times
Default Saguaro canyon

The saguaro canyon subdivision is one of our newest subs in Meridian. I work in Meridian and have to be vry familiar with the streets and street names for my job. It is a nice sub with some of the nicer and larger homes in town. I would consider it a upper middle class neighborhood. Possibly a little higher. You must, however, consider my perspective. I hold a degree in education and currently work for the trash company due to the low salaries of teachers in this state. So being a local who has not just sold his home in the silicon valley for 700,000, I would not consider these homes due to the 300-650k price ranges.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
Saguaro Canyon has about 35 listings right now ranging in price from $279,000to $624,000. The lots range anywhere from .15 to .22 acres, with the exception of the $624,000 home which is .27 acres. You might see some price variances in homes with like qualities and this could be due to the time some of the lots were sold. Some of the builders got in early so they were able to buy the lots for a cheaper price. Also you'll find that the two story homes are cheaper to build than a single story.

There will be walking paths throughout the community that lead to the community pool. It's a nice area, just keep in mind that you will have to deal with the traffic on Eagle Road. Drive it at around 5:30 pm and 8am and see what you think.

Some of the homes are on the list for the Parade of Homes; if you haven't been all ready it would be a fun time to look as they are staged.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,187 times
absolutely! buy a home here, it's a great place to live, nice people, pool and walkways, I love living here! goto saguaroidaho to read newsletters...

Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,994 times
I would recommend reading the by-laws and finding out who runs the HOA in Saguaro Canyon before buying anything there.

This goes for anywhere you may buy that has an HOA ... but, just look into their HOA before you seriously consider buying. Enough said

Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
Jow bad can a HOA be ??
Just what is it that they do ?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:41 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Jow bad can a HOA be ??
Just what is it that they do ?
Well DR, HOA is actually an acronym meaning "busybodies with civil power to make your life a living hell".

The CONCEPT of an HOA is harmless sounding, but I have never once liked living in an HOA-regulated neighborhood. Then again, that's my anecdotal experience. maybe in Saguaro Canyon it's just jim-dandy and everyone lives in peace and homogeneous harmony as a result...

Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
When it says to call agent for" information on association fees".

Does that automaticly mean HOA ???

Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 AM

133 posts, read 289,648 times
In my opinion, the commute matters the most and SC is in a high traffic area with a lot of lights to get anywhere. If you are going to live out that way, I would prefer Island Woods or Two Rivers in Eagle. The lots are bigger and there will be more appreciation if the housing prices ever rebound. It all depends on where you are going to work and go to school etc. If you can, drive a mock commute for a few days to see what it's like.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:31 AM

1,310 posts, read 2,939,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyTD View Post
I would recommend reading the by-laws and finding out who runs the HOA in Saguaro Canyon before buying anything there.

This goes for anywhere you may buy that has an HOA ... but, just look into their HOA before you seriously consider buying. Enough said
I used to live in Saguaro Canyon before my relocation to the eastern U.S. The HOA was taken over by the residents last year and it appears they have things well in hand. There was to be a special $100 assessment by the developer but that was put aside (don't know if it had been resurected. Suggest you ask the new HOA).

As far as the subdivision, we really liked it, especially it's unique landscaping. The pool area was very nice and the greenbelt attractive. I understand our old house sold for $255,000 - down from the $342,500 we paid for it. You need to be aware of the homes on short sale. These were, in my opinion, poorly constructed and poorly designed.

Bottom line, if I had to do it all over again, I would move back to Saguaro Canyon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area