Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:13 AM

49 posts, read 160,847 times

Advertisements

Where is the outrage and the anger????? I'm just hot seeing it.In addition to incompetence on the part of the public safety officials, I think weakness is another adjective to add.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
I know personal attacks are banned but I'm more than willing to risk getting in trouble for responding to you.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. You have absolutely zero clue what you're talking about. Through any normal person's upbringing, they're constantly told "don't react in anger." The reason why is because when someone reacts out of anger, they typically get hasty and mess something up or do something stupid. Case in point, you're moronic posts. You can't understand something so you see it best just to attack everyone involved. Real class act.

Not that you deserve it, but here are some points to mull over if you can find the capacity in your tiny brain to do so.

1) This is a major international event. Don't you think that law enforcement may want to be very thorough in their investigation? Scrutiny is coming from literally every corner of the globe. They certainly won't jump to conclusions without investigating from all angles.

2) You're probably not going to hear detailed updates about ongoing investigations because, well, the person(s) responsible are still at large. Revealing to the public any major lead or strategy would be about the dumbest thing they could do because the murderer is undoubtedly paying as close attention to the news as we are.

3) You're not seeing "anger" because most of use are focused on those who lost their lives and those that were injured. We're leaving the criminal investigation to the people who conduct such things. Aside from calling in tips or sending in photos, there's little that we can do to help the investigation. The victims are where any sane person's attention should be. That and returning our great city to as close to normal as we can.

4)You use the word "weakness" to describe people not getting angry. As with just about everything you have ever typed on city-data, you're dead wrong. "Weakness" is not being able to focus your emotions on being productive. Whether that means physically assisting those in need, or just being able to make an effort to return to your normal routine doesn't matter. Getting angry and lashing out and law enforcement and other people who aren't "angry" is the greatest weakness. True strength is being able to maintain some levelheadedness in trying times. The only weak person is you.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
And why don't you just chill out? What is the point of being outraged and angry? I think that the public officials did the best job they could with securing the Marathon route. They had received no advance threats and actually the bomb sniffing dogs were walked around hours earlier. I don't want MA or our country to become a police state with cameras everywhere. And last night on the news, I was impressed with the progress the investigators have made so far with the help of the public giving them their camera footage.

And after events like the Oklahoma City bombing, the first World Trade Center bombing and finally 9-11, it's clear that terrorist type attacks have arrived on US soil. Why should the US be exempt from what goes on in the rest of the world?

Anyway, it's much more productive to not be outraged or angry, and instead channel our energies into finding out the real culprits in this event. Heightened emotions are not needed. We need to seek the facts out in a swift, calm and scientific matter. We also especially need to make sure that the real criminals are found and not go off in a half-@ssed and lynching anyone that fits what we're imagining this evil wrongdoers to look like.

So stay calm everyone!!! And do continue to help the officials in any way possible. Keep going through your camera footage... and also do continue to donate blood.

Otherwise, I am even more keen that Boston not ever host an Olympics event. The added stress and hassle for the locals will just not be worth doing it.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:18 AM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathseeker View Post
Where is the outrage and the anger????? I'm just hot seeing it.In addition to incompetence on the part of the public safety officials, I think weakness is another adjective to add.
I second everything Irfox said.

Anger is almost certainly what motivated the bomber. Are you seriously suggesting that it would be a weakness NOT to descend to his level of discourse?

Grow the **** up.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
What makes you think people aren't angry? I'd venture to say almost everyone in the country is mighty angry over this incident. People are waiting, letting officials do their job. If you don't hear anything new, you view them as incompetent? Weakness? That is pretty insulting to everyone involved in this tragedy. I find your post without the least bit of substance and offensive. I really see no sense in a thread like this. Moderator, please consider closing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston