Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 02:55 PM

4 posts, read 6,968 times

Advertisements

I will have to pick up my car near Alewife Station mid-day sometime within a few weeks. I realize there is parking at Alewife Station, but assuming that lot is full when I get my car (since it might be midday) where else might I park in the area without getting towed? I'm OK with paying a reasonable rate to park (i.e. under maybe $15).

Last edited by DavidMI; 01-21-2016 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 03:17 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,815,153 times
There are no other pay garages nearby. There are multiple private lots nearby, but I would not risk getting towed. There's also the Lanes n Games parking lot off Rt-2 East, but I wouldn't try it either unless you speak w/a manager ahead of time.

Why does it matter if the lot is full when you get your car if your car is already parked? The question is, when will you be parking your car (not retrieving it)?

Old 01-21-2016, 03:46 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
I'm not sure what you're trying to do. As Parsec asked, what difference does it make if the lot is full when you pick up your car? How are you planning to get to Alewife? Do you have another car that you need to park so you can pick up the first one? If not, I can't see how it would make any difference.

In any case, from my years living in Arlington, I seem to recall that some people would start to leave the parking garage by lunchtime, presumably because they had finished their business in the city.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
As Parsec asked, what difference does it make if the lot is full when you pick up your car?
Because I can't park my car on top of other cars.

Quote:
How are you planning to get to Alewife? Do you have another car that you need to park so you can pick up the first one? If not, I can't see how it would make any difference.
How does any of this matter? All I'm asking is if there is parking around Alewife that is not at the station? If the lot at Alewife Station is full, I can't park it there and will need to find an alternative. Not really that difficult to understand.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMI View Post
How does any of this matter? All I'm asking is if there is parking around Alewife that is not at the station? If the lot at Alewife Station is full, I can't park it there and will need to find an alternative. Not really that difficult to understand.

It's difficult to understand because you didn't say you were trying to drop off your car at Alewife. You said you were picking it up, so that implies your car was already parked there, so of course it wouldn't matter if the lot was at capacity since you're already parked.

To answer your revised question, if there is parking around Alewife that is not at the station?: No, there is no legal longer term parking there. You could risk parking at the Fresh Pond mall.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's difficult to understand because you didn't say you were trying to drop off your car at Alewife. You said you were picking it up, so that implies your car was already parked there, so of course it wouldn't matter if the lot was at capacity since you're already parked.

To answer your revised question, if there is parking around Alewife that is not at the station?: No, there is no legal longer term parking there. You could risk parking at the Fresh Pond mall.
It's called "context clues."

Perhaps I should've just asked "is there any parking near Alewife midday that's not at the station?" Of course, if I had asked that, then I'd get a half-dozen responses saying "why can't you not park there earlier in the morning?" or "why can't you just take the subway?" or "I would just park at Alewife Station if I were you." Because pretty much every thread on CD seems to be about 10 people trying to find some flaw in your question, and maybe 1-2 people actually being helpful (if you're lucky).

Though, I am incredibly thankful for the 10% that normally respond with helpful replies.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMI View Post
It's called "context clues."

Perhaps I should've just asked "is there any parking near Alewife midday that's not at the station?" Of course, if I had asked that, then I'd get a half-dozen responses saying "why can't you not park there earlier in the morning?" or "why can't you just take the subway?" or "I would just park at Alewife Station if I were you." Because pretty much every thread on CD seems to be about 10 people trying to find some flaw in your question, and maybe 1-2 people actually being helpful (if you're lucky).

Though, I am incredibly thankful for the 10% that normally respond with helpful replies.

It's interesting that you have that strong an opinion and that much insight considering you just signed up. I find the site very helpful, and the alternatives that are presented are helpful at times as well, even if they don't answer the direct question, because they bring up other possibilities that may have not been considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston