Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 AM

936 posts, read 2,069,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielhben View Post
No way I'm ditchin my BB. Don't care if everyone has an iphone or samsung, I am not that shallow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
Boulder isn't really all that green, and there is hardly any lakes, streams, rivers.

Also, prerequisite for living in Boulder is having a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
I agree with meowen in that Boulder is not that green. Guess it depends on what your used to though. And I'm assuming by green you meant surroundings.

Also, you mentioned you would like a little snow in the winter. Hope you also like it in the fall and spring.

Definately visit first is my best advice.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I agree with meowen in that Boulder is not that green. Guess it depends on what your used to though. And I'm assuming by green you meant surroundings.

Also, you mentioned you would like a little snow in the winter. Hope you also like it in the fall and spring.

Definately visit first is my best advice.
looks like we're in for another big snowstorm coming up monday-wednesday

Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Hey guys; I'm a single 31-year-old man seeking to relocate to a city that fits my interests and settle down. I am a very open-minded person, I love the nature and open spaces and I would like to live in a medium to big size city with great opportunities for the outdoors. I love the greenery and fresh air, the change of seasons and some snow in the winter. As for the music scene I'm into altern rock and some country. Whatever other aspects are not that important to me. I was doing some research and for what the internet says it seems Boulder CO would be a smart choice according to what I'm after. Am I right or wrong? Is there something else about Boulder that I should know before making such a decision? Any comments are welcome!

Honestly I think Portland fits your criteria much better.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:51 PM

15 posts, read 54,647 times
Yep I think you're right. I should consider Portland, the negative side is the constant rain.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 AM

5 posts, read 29,032 times
Quote:
Hey guys; I'm a single 31-year-old man seeking to relocate to a city that fits my interests and settle down. I am a very open-minded person, I love the nature and open spaces and I would like to live in a medium to big size city
One shock you might have is Boulder is MUCH smaller that you realize. This has all the positives you will expect (friendly people, easy to get to know, laid back pace, etc.) but you may be disappointed in the lack of diversity, restaurants, shopping, art/music scene etc. compared to cities with pop. 500K+. Have you considered Denver/Cherry Creek? I think given your age and interests you may be happier in a nice part of Denver.

also, while you won't get snow every day, and there are many mild days in winter to break things up, you will end up dealing with a lot of snow.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM

7 posts, read 11,664 times
My sister went to school in Boulder, and I would visit once or twice a year when I was still pretty young. Went back in my early post-grad days.

Boulder is awesome. Extremely active/outdoorsy population. The people are very approachable and the lifestyle seems fairly sincere and healthy. My only issue with Boulder was that you kind of "join the club" when you move there. I don't particularly like being forced into a certain range of choices and then being judged publicly by them, so I am a wee bit sensitive to some of the identity games that plague Boulder occasionally. Other than that, it's all gravy. The flatirons are dramatic and beautiful and totally commanding. The river trails and public parks are awesome. The food and nightlife not bad. The university really adds intellectualism and a certain amount of cosmopolitanism to what is otherwise a landlocked prairie/mountain town. Snowfall is crazy. More than a few people still listen to Phish and wear birkenstocks...ewwww.

Good urban layout for a small city. Good luck--hope you do what's best

Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 AM

4 posts, read 7,010 times
^ Although I enjoyed your post and am interested in your perspective, it's ironic that you mention your dislike for being judged due to your lifestyle and then crap on Phish and (presumably) hippies.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecrow View Post
One shock you might have is Boulder is MUCH smaller that you realize. This has all the positives you will expect (friendly people, easy to get to know, laid back pace, etc.) but you may be disappointed in the lack of diversity, restaurants, shopping, art/music scene etc. compared to cities with pop. 500K+. Have you considered Denver/Cherry Creek? I think given your age and interests you may be happier in a nice part of Denver.

also, while you won't get snow every day, and there are many mild days in winter to break things up, you will end up dealing with a lot of snow.
This is true (about the size of the city). Boulder is always in some sort of a fight with the census bureau regarding whether or not it has more than 100,000 people. The last census said "no".

Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
Central Boulder, especially downtown makes even prime Cherry Creek North or anywhere in Denver now look ridiculously cheap...something to consider. Moved to Cherry Creek years ago from Boulder. Take the most expensive properties in Denver and double them in price..that's todays central Boulder. Spent fourteen years living,buying,selling, and still rent properties in CCN..I enjoy the area but I'll shoot it to you straight.......it's no Boulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area