Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win Margarito vs Cotto II?
Antonio Margarito 6 42.86%
Miguel Cotto 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 01:59 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
I will be pulling for Cotto, but I say Margarito wins. Hopefully I'm proven wrong. I think Cotto threw away a big advantage by not retaining Emmanuel Steward as his trainer. It should be an exciting fight.
That may be, but I'm still giving this one to Cotto, even though it may be a close one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 10:09 PM

3 posts, read 2,637 times
[/color] is Coto from the phillipines?

Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 PM

Default THe Fight

I din't see the first fight but if Margarirto uses something ilegal then the people in the ring are not doing their job properly while they are making good money.
Mexico has produced great boxers and continues to do so, lets not forget that. I say Margarito wins big.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:32 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Cotto is pitching a shutout through six rounds.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Does anyone know any local place in Woodland Hills where I can watch the fight? I know Yankee Doodles is gone , I want to eat something, figured a nice sports bar would be nice. Worked too hard today

Old 12-03-2011, 10:57 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Cotto fought a perfect fight. Great footwork, faster, solid defense. Smart game plan going for Margarito's eye. Wish they would have let the fight go another round or more just to watch Margarito get broken down some more. Cotto was ahead 89-82 on scorecards so Margy would have needed a KO which wasn't going to happen. Nice win for Cotto and kudos to Steve Smoger for doing a great job reffing and allowing them to mix it up. Thank God there was no Joe Cortez for this one.

Post fight interview Margarito is saying Cotto hits like a girl, meanwhile the right side of his face is swollen shut, lol.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:50 AM

519 posts, read 604,056 times
Fight went down more or less as I expected. That eye was too tempting, too easy of a target. Margacheato's only hope was an unlikely early round KO. If the fight went into the later rounds everyone had to know there was no way that eye was going to hold up.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:25 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Cotto fought a perfect fight. Great footwork, faster, solid defense. Smart game plan going for Margarito's eye. Wish they would have let the fight go another round or more just to watch Margarito get broken down some more. Cotto was ahead 89-82 on scorecards so Margy would have needed a KO which wasn't going to happen. Nice win for Cotto and kudos to Steve Smoger for doing a great job reffing and allowing them to mix it up. Thank God there was no Joe Cortez for this one.

Post fight interview Margarito is saying Cotto hits like a girl, meanwhile the right side of his face is swollen shut, lol.
I agree..Cotto was there to take care of business. Frankly, I have little, if anymore respect for Margarito.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:04 AM

121 posts, read 240,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Cotto is pitching a shutout through six rounds.
just like the 1st fight..until the plaster got hard..

im glad for Cotto..hope he steps it up even more..

I see Kirkland or Angulo next for him...

I dont see him moving to fight Chavez Jr but if hes does..easy TKO for my boy Cotto!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
That margarito received a call from the FIRST lady of Mexico is truly bewildering to me. Cannot understand why such a dignitary would bestow such honor upon a boxer who's brought such SHAME and great DISHONOR to his country by cheating in his previous bouts. That's very telling.

I too was hoping for the fight to continue just so I could witness further damage upon filthy margarito.

I'm sure this won't be margarito's last fight. He will probably fight on and continue to receive more damaging blows until there's nothing left of him. And that's a good thing. He deserves it. In this life, what goes around comes around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing