Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 08:48 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times

Advertisements

Take Adrian Broner, for example. Why did he run all around the ring against John Molina during their fight back in March?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHcEQbvd8k8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 12:31 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,889,088 times
I guess if you not absorbing punching to the face your "running" now days. I'm starting to think "running" is the number 1 excuse for a boxer losing now. Even when he is standing there in the middle of the ring and still not getting hit.

Here are some more "runners".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_LfbOZW6w

Old 05-09-2015, 10:51 PM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
You guys aren't doing a lot for the casual fans here....it's all about standing in there all caveman like and trading hard shot for hard shot. That's what boxing is all about, right? Mayweather hits and moves, such a coward.

Manny just couldn't hit him with all that "running". Oh my bad.... he was hurt....and Marquez didn't time him...no, it was a "lucky shot""...or wait...even better, Marquez was on ""roidz"(pot kettle black).

Pacquiao fans are comical.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
You guys aren't doing a lot for the casual fans here....it's all about standing in there all caveman like and trading hard shot for hard shot. That's what boxing is all about, right? Mayweather hits and moves, such a coward.

Manny just couldn't hit him with all that "running". Oh my bad.... he was hurt....and Marquez didn't time him...no, it was a "lucky shot""...or wait...even better, Marquez was on ""roidz"(pot kettle black).

Pacquiao fans are comical.
According to Roach he stepped on his foot and Manny "ran" into his fist. Or my personal favorite, he forgot his lucky socks lmao .

Old 05-10-2015, 09:37 AM

38 posts, read 35,424 times
that's actually a good strategy, you don't even have to know how to fight in real life, if you run fast you never have to fight

Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
According to Roach he stepped on his foot and Manny "ran" into his fist. Or my personal favorite, he forgot his lucky socks lmao .
Oh man, the lucky socks is my favorite so far. I almost spat my drink when he said that after losing vs Morales. You should hear what Pac Fanboys said after he finished with his face on the mat vs Marquez. They were saying he lost on purpose and pretended he was KOed to lure Floyd into accepting to fight him.

Good thing is that they will soon all disappear from boxing as Manny will retire and that's pretty much all the Philippines have to offer to boxing. These fanboys don't like boxing, they like Pacquiao. No wonder they don't know crap about boxing and think defense equals running or think that boxing involves two cavemen in the middle of the ring throwing haymakers from beginning to end.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Oh man, the lucky socks is my favorite so far. I almost spat my drink when he said that after losing vs Morales. You should hear what Pac Fanboys said after he finished with his face on the mat vs Marquez. They were saying he lost on purpose and pretended he was KOed to lure Floyd into accepting to fight him.

Good thing is that they will soon all disappear from boxing as Manny will retire and that's pretty much all the Philippines have to offer to boxing. These fanboys don't like boxing, they like Pacquiao. No wonder they don't know crap about boxing and think defense equals running or think that boxing involves two cavemen in the middle of the ring throwing haymakers from beginning to end.
Lol yea my dad still doesn't believe me about the lucky socks thing. I've been trying to find a link to show him. But it just gets more ridiculous. He purposely lost a fight and hurt his career just to get Floyd to fight him? lol. The way his fist impacted his face looked far from fake to me. They need counseling, they need to be diagnosed. Manny is a good fighter but the problem is they treated him like he was God and... well there was their God... planked face down sleeping like a baby. Funny thing is had that been Mayweather they would have been celebrating.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Lol yea my dad still doesn't believe me about the lucky socks thing. I've been trying to find a link to show him. But it just gets more ridiculous. He purposely lost a fight and hurt his career just to get Floyd to fight him? lol. The way his fist impacted his face looked far from fake to me. They need counseling, they need to be diagnosed. Manny is a good fighter but the problem is they treated him like he was God and... well there was their God... planked face down sleeping like a baby. Funny thing is had that been Mayweather they would have been celebrating.
Go to YouTube and look for “Morales vs Pacquiao post fight interview” or something like that and I can imagine we will find that interview about him wearing the wrong socks.

I am reading all these comments on YouTube and FaceBook from fanboys saying the dumbest things about last week’s fight. Man, can’t wait for them to disappear once Manny retires. Stuff like “Defense is gay. He should slug it out like a true fighter”, “If they fight again this time Manny will destroy him”, “He hugged and ran the entire fight”, “Floyd was scared and that is why he didn’t exchange punches”, “Muhamad Ali is writing on his Tweeter that Floyd is a coward”, "Manny shouldn't have lost because he's such a nice person unlike Mayweather," etc.

Have you heard Skip Bayless from ESPN? Oh man, another clown. Before the fight he was taunting Mayweather saying he was totally afraid to get in the ring with Manny. Then the fight was signed and once again he was bad mouthing Floyd. Now that his boy lost he is all excuses just like other fanboys.

Last edited by onihC; 05-11-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 08:36 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

Donnie Nietes of Negros Occidental, is the standing WBO Light Flywieght Champion at 35-1-4. However he does not have the record or charisma to draw the attention of non boxing fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing