Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:32 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Nope. Some of us have said that yes he might not appear to be a great guy flashing his money and what not but only Pac Fanboys will deny his talents in the ring and will continue to make up stories, bring old stories back, etc. to make him look bad for winning. It's like "yes he won but...he's a bad person" hahaha really? Just take the lose and move on. I took the loss when other boxers I root for got beaten. So what? It's sports. You win some, you lose some.

Floyd came to the ring with his fight plan. Paquiao came to the ring with his fight plan. Floyd's plan was superior. Floyd beat Pac. Period.
This thread was about Mayweather's antics. Not the Floyd/Pac fight. I didn't bring Pacquiao into the discussion of the thread, you did. It appears you are the one who needs to move on from Floyd's tainted win, unless of course your sole purpose of replying is simply to have the last word on every thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:06 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
This thread was about Mayweather's antics. Not the Floyd/Pac fight. I didn't bring Pacquiao into the discussion of the thread, you did. It appears you are the one who needs to move on from Floyd's tainted win, unless of course your sole purpose of replying is simply to have the last word on every thread.
I did bring back the "Floyd won, get over it" because these kind of stories (some may be truth, some may be false) keep popping out to discredit Floyd from his victory. It's a bit silly really. Nobody really talked about these things as much until he beat Manny.

So let's suppose this story was completely true and he was that rude with Ricky Hatton. Well?...umh...ok, he was rude. There! Does this change anything?

Old 05-20-2015, 01:28 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
He's like wrestling villains, Or heels. The one people love to hate. Hes also a great fighter so credit goes where it's due. That is quite a story though.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:32 PM

How about this...

...Oh my gaaawd, he's such a terrible person...but he's such a great boxer.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:38 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
How about this...

...Oh my gaaawd, he's such a terrible person...but he's such a great boxer.
Noooooo... it's easier to just make up excuses. On the other hand I do respect the people who tell the truth and say "I don't him as a person but I like him as a boxer". It's really as simple as that, or it should be.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Noooooo... it's easier to just make up excuses. On the other hand I do respect the people who tell the truth and say "I don't him as a person but I like him as a boxer". It's really as simple as that, or it should be.
Exactly! A simple "Darn it! I wanted him to lose but he just fought his fight and won."

Old 05-24-2015, 01:04 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I don't like the guy, but I just thought the story was pretty cool....the guy is so competitive whether we like him or not.
He reminds me of Michael Jordan's super competitive spirit. Does he (Floyd) have issues outside the ring? Absolutely...no one is perfect, is he a boxing genius and solid businessman, no question about it.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:53 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
He reminds me of Michael Jordan's super competitive spirit. Does he (Floyd) have issues outside the ring? Absolutely...no one is perfect, is he a boxing genius and solid businessman, no question about it.
And he trains very hard, nobody can argue that.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:51 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Always 2 sides to a story.

Not saying that Hatton is lying, but he IS trying to sell a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing