Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:17 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,938,501 times

Advertisements

On top of the fight everyone is talking about, the proposed March 13th mega event of Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr, fans and media are also talking about the Olympic Style Drug testing that team Mayweather Jr. is demanding in order for the fight to take place. The rigorous testing, a stipulation brought forth during negotiations, will be in place to check both combatants blood and urine samples against steroids, illegal substances and chemicals that might improve performance.

Manny Pacquiao's Boxing conditioning expert, Alex Ariza is apparently pissed off with the constant demands of the drug tests, which are in addition to the tests performed and required by the very capable Nevada State Athletic Commission. Ariza is not so much angry at the Olympic style drug testing (Ariza is cool with the extra drug testing) wanted by team Mayweather Jr. for both fighters, but is pissed that Team Mayweather Jr. seems to be keeping their focus on the unproven allegations that Pacquiao takes some sort of performance enhancing drug or steroid.

Ariza, who has a solid reputation in the business and is the man in charge of what Pacquiao puts in his body, was recently quoted by the Manila Standard in regards to the drug testing demands coming from Mayweather Jr's camp. Ariza stated: "No matter where they try to look for something, at the end of the day, Mayweather is going to have to get in that ring and he is just going to have to show up." Ariza went on to add: "All the posturing about Manny getting knocked out or being on steroids… all of that *****. He's going to have to fight. There's not going to be any excuses."

For anyone wondering, Pacquiao has never failed a drug test before or tested positive for steroids or any kind of performance enhancing drugs or stimulants. Pacquiao has been subjected to numerous drug tests over the years by the very capable and highly respected Nevada State Athletics Commission and passed every drug test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 06:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,861,626 times
Please the only type of drug test Pacman has taken is a urine test just before the fight and right after. They also only test for the substance they considered banned. So he could be taking something they dont test for. Plus he could he taking something they do consider banned but it has cleared his system by the time of the fight and he passes the urine test

I dont blame Mayweather for wanting this type of testing. Lets clear the air and make sure its a clean fair fight

Mayweather has agreed to $10 million per pound, or fraction thereof,and everything that Pacman has demanded why cant Pacman agree to this thing to make sure its a clean fair fight?

I dont see the big deal is agreeing to the test and making sure its a clean fair fight. After all Mayweather has agreed to all of Pacmans demands.

if they dont have a problem with it then just agree to it and lets get this fight going

Looking like Pacman doesnt want this fight or has something to hide

Old 12-22-2009, 08:57 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,619,440 times
Why is Pacquio so reluctant to take the tests???? hmm He goes from relative no body to star in a very short time, now he wont agree to stringent drug testing??? hmmm

Old 12-23-2009, 08:53 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,213,383 times
I found this interesting!

If nothing to hide, why make this a big drama. By not coming out quickly and agreeing Pac Man is making a huge mistake. The press is going to hammer him until he agrees.

If he refuse and the fight is off, which I doubt, he is making big damage to his rep and an asterisk in his marvelous career.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
I found this interesting!

If nothing to hide, why make this a big drama. By not coming out quickly and agreeing Pac Man is making a huge mistake. The press is going to hammer him until he agrees.

If he refuse and the fight is off, which I doubt, he is making big damage to his rep and an asterisk in his marvelous career.

Can you believe there is some out there actually saying this is Floyds way of trying to duck the fight. Like Floyd knew that Pacman woudnt be willing to take the test. A clean fighter would take the test and get a huge payday

Last edited by Jadex; 12-23-2009 at 10:38 AM..

Old 12-23-2009, 09:31 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,413,891 times
The haters will be showing up shortly...to be continued

Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,619,440 times
SO what is pacman so worried about? Why is he hiding from these tests? This dude is a perfect example of whats wrong with sports. Then he hides behind the whole "superstision" thing.... yeah right. He knows he is on something and now he's backed into a corner. Long live the ped man......

Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 PM

Well its off Mannys camp says they are going to go in another direction. They wont agree to the test.

Now all those that says Manny is doping is going to have a leg to stand on. So many different excuses from Mannys camp as to why he wont take the test

Once again if you were slandered that you dope and you have the chance to prove you dont and you dont take it . its because you dope

Old 12-23-2009, 12:50 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,168,776 times
I like Pacquiao but not wanting to do a drug test within 30 days of a fight,I find that very concerning.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:29 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,213,383 times
Same Here.

If one thing I know is that the press is not going to let this go. Mark my word!

If Manny (whose palce in boxing history is already secured) refuse and the fight is off, somebody is going to dig this thing in and will damage him badly. Why? Because there is a lot of money in it. Just today all the major news outlets (even CNN) was carrying the story. I can already see a New York Post salvating for this story!

It will take just one hungry journalist to unwind all this. Learn from all the people (politicians and elite athletes) that didn't do the right thing first learned their lesson the hard way.

I realy like Manny but this is a bad move. Whoever is advising him that this will go away by refusing and looking for another opponent is just wrong.

P.S.

I was in barbershop today and people that almost gave up (two people said that they didn't see boxing since Tyson and Roy was knocked out and Lewis retired) was just talking about it. This would have been a nice fight that will bring boxing one step to the main stream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing