Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM

573 posts, read 2,059,267 times

Advertisements

It's over people, this fight is not giong to happen. Now nobody can say Manny doesn't want to agree to the tests, etc... It's Mayweather's fault the fight won't happen.

Although there are reports about Floyd Mayweather Jr. asking for a bigger share of revenues in a fight with Manny Pacquiao, the camp of the outspoken boxer has relatively been silent since the Filipino agreed to have himself blood tested 14 days before their possible bout.

Unlike in the past when the Mayweathers were practically non-stop in issuing statements to reporters, the camp of the former pound-for-pound king has been mum about a possible fight with the 7-division and reigning World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight champion.

“Nothing,” Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told The Sweet Science boxing website, when asked about developments on a possible Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.

"Haven't heard a word. The ball is completely in Mayweather's court. Every term has been agreed to," he added.

Pacquiao, recently elected as congressman of Sarangani province, has already softened his stand on Mayweather’s demand that he undergo a blood test 14 days before the fight, clearing an obstacle to talks for their much-awaited bout.

Floyd silent after Pacquiao OKs 14-day blood test | ABS-CBN News Online Beta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 02:36 PM

now the Mayweather fans remain silence

Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Only time will tell if this fight comes off

People are so damn impatient these days. So because Floyd didn't immediately jump on top of a car screaming "bring it on!" after Manny oked the 14 day blood test, this somehow means that Floyd is at fault for the fight not becoming reality? Negotiations appear to be progressing towards a fight if I'm not mistaken since this hurdle has been cleared.

Get control of yourself for God's sake and let the details continue to be worked out in private.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
People are so damn impatient these days. So because Floyd didn't immediately jump on top of a car screaming "bring it on!" after Manny oked the 14 day blood test, this somehow means that Floyd is at fault for the fight not becoming reality? Negotiations appear to be progressing towards a fight if I'm not mistaken since this hurdle has been cleared.

Get control of yourself for God's sake and let the details continue to be worked out in private.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:17 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times
First of all:

UPDATE ON LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST WWE AND BOXER FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. | PWInsider.com

In summary, he's being sued over his WWE theme music. Can't be going in the ring while this is going on. His production team is also named in the lawsuit.

Second of all:

Ricky Hatton would fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a comeback bid - Bad Left Hook

In summary, Hatton is embarrassed and wants a rematch. I wouldn't be surprised if the team is considering it just to make Pacman wait even longer.

Also, as was said, they're not just going to jump on it in any case. If the fight's going to happen I figure November, October at the earliest at this point.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:45 PM

32 posts, read 104,032 times
As of press time, MP will arrive today in the big apple for his award and will seal the deal for a Mayweather vs Pacquiao figth this November...watch this news as it unfolds....we have a fight.
Now the venue is being talked about....

Old 06-05-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

Floyd Mayweather has responded to Manny Pacquiao. He is going to take a couple years from boxing. This is Mayweather's way of saying " No, I don't want to fight him" I guess he realized the risks he would be taking by fighting Manny-- this guy's a beast. Even Floyd Mayweather Sr. said it wouldn't be a good idea for his son to fight him. Manny Pacquiao remains P4P best.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:27 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
this video made no sense....every other word was ***** this and ***** that and man lets be real.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
Floyd Mayweather has responded to Manny Pacquiao. He is going to take a couple years from boxing. This is Mayweather's way of saying " No, I don't want to fight him" I guess he realized the risks he would be taking by fighting Manny-- this guy's a beast. Even Floyd Mayweather Sr. said it wouldn't be a good idea for his son to fight him. Manny Pacquiao remains P4P best.
Source?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I think this is what he's referring to:

Floyd dodging Manny? Mayweather eyes 2-yr break | ABS-CBN News Online Beta

Not clear as to whether or not he's talking after a fight with Manny or scrapping the idea altogether. He'd be a total fool to opt for a two year layoff and avoid a fight with Manny in November. I do think Floyd will take the fight, he's not stupid. He knows if he doesn't he'll lose face big time, and every sportswriter and fan will eat him alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing