Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 02:40 PM

77 posts, read 337,745 times

Advertisements

We currently have T-Mobile. But if we move to Bozeman, what are our choices of carriers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2006, 04:04 PM

462 posts, read 1,707,922 times
Verizon wireless is the best in this area and has the most antennas. No Sprint, T-Mobile, or anything except little local companies or Alltell and Verizon is far better.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 AM

77 posts, read 337,745 times
Great! If this deal goes through, we will check out Verizon.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 16,182 times
i live in dillon in the summer.. 3 miles south of town center. good coverage almost all of the time with Verizon.. howls of outrage and anger from others in the rv park with other services.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 16,182 times
Junior member ???!!!! i am 72 years old. Junior ??? !!!

Old 09-05-2006, 09:37 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,273,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfloydlewis View Post
Junior member ???!!!! i am 72 years old. Junior ??? !!!
It's kind of a neat thing isn't it? The irony? I'm in my early 40's and I'm a Senior member

Old 05-05-2009, 03:47 PM

5 posts, read 10,527 times
Verizon has the best coverage in Montana, but their service, customer service, and phone choice leave a lot to be desired. I hate verizon.

I can't call and ask their customer service a question because the account is under my wife's name, so they won't speak to me. Same goes for trying to contact them online. For a year I was missing calls from my wife, some sort of dead spot at her work that was only dead because our phones weren't in sync with the local tower or some other B.S. because the pushy a-hole salesman that signed us up didn't even activate our phones correctly.

Their website is also a nightmare to navigate. There are two seperate sites, one for their "My Verizon" and another for their pix place which is where you send pictures you take with your phone.

With T-mobile everything was straight-forward and user-friendly. I could call their customer service and get help, even though the account was in my wife's name. We had T-mobile in Texas and it was so much better than Verizon, unfortunately we can't get it here in Montana.

T-mobile's phones were so much easier to use then Verizon's too. Verizon's phone menus are a nightmare to navigate, just like their website.

Unfortunately in Montana, you can either have Alltel, and get better phones, better customer service etc. and have barely any coverage in the state - or you can have verizon and have clear coverage most places in the state - and have to deal with being treated sub-human by Verizon customer service and their painful to navigate products.

I'd almost rather sacrifice coverage for better SERVICE!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:14 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,435 times
I wouldn't lose any sleep if they shut off cellular service altogether!

Remember how nice it was before cell phones?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:40 AM

154 posts, read 154,473 times
Montana:

No iPhone or Google phone, damn I have to keep using my ghetto Verizon phone. Even in the middle of "nowhere" I can get signal with Verizon though.

Remember how nice it was before they invented books? Remember how nice it was before cars? Remember how nice it was before computers?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,435 times
computers and cars could go, but I'm kind of stuck on books...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman