Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 06:21 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times

Advertisements

Glad things are what you expected. Enjoy your home here.

As for humidity....as long as there is electricity and air conditioning it is doable if you stay indoors most of the time. If you do most of your outdoor activities on or near the river or ocean where you feel the breezes it is not bad either. The time it will effect you the most is if we get a storm and you are without electricity for a few days to weeks. Then it is 4 cold showers a day. LOL Remembering 2004 because of the pics in the paper today.

Try out El Leoncito on US1 in Titusville for Mexican and Cuban food. We like the place and the prices are really reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 06:27 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Hey, Cindy, You didn't mention you are from Superman land in Illinois! I grew up in Illinois, too. One of my friends was from Rushville.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,968 times
This is the perfect thread for me, as my family is planning to move to Fl next year and we are going back and forth between Oviedo and the Satellite Beach area and this is definitely leaning me towards beachside! I will have to FB friend you so I can see all your pics! I used to live just blocks from the beach in RI and really miss coastal living.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 AM

40 posts, read 86,337 times
Cindy, Thank you for such an enjoyable thread. I have enjoyed reading this immensely. I am glad you are enjoying yourself in Florida. Since I was 15 I have wanted to move to, as we both call it, paradise. I hope to make that a reality soon, or at least own my own property here and become a snow bird. While Florida is not for everyone, its for me. I enjoy reading your posts, and like your enthusiasm. Your posts give me renewed hope that I will find my way there. Please keep up the posts.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,216,461 times
Those of us on the beach got a nice bonus this summer when we had a cold water upwelling that brought the surf temp down into the 70s for several weeks. While Merritt Island and the mainland was sweltering close to 100 many days, we had 78 - 80 degree sea breezes off the ocean every afternoon. Natural air conditioning.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM

47 posts, read 100,544 times
Cindy, Just a little advise, I just finished reading your epic tale. I don't know if you realize that the internet is a dangerous place. You have revealed a lot of information about yourself to total strangers. Your name, e-mail address, age, previous employer, how much money you made per year, your living alone, where you lived at and where you live now!!!! Although everyone on this site might seem like they're friendly, you don't know them....Remember Florida is loaded with dregs of society that prey on innocent gullible people. You seem like a very nice person and I don't want you to become a victim. Besides I just retired from Verizon in April after 31 years, so lets have a long and enjoyable retirement. Good Luck

Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBeggs View Post
Thanks for your well wishes. I understand that the weather
Will take some getting used to. I have never been to Disney World
And am looking forward to going there. Am going to have to get a
Year pass. I love water and will be surrounded by a lake, river, ocean
And canal. I love the fact there is no state income tax.
I don't have to work but I'm sure i will get bored. I'm not too worried
About not getting a job. I have a Bachelor's degree an a Master's
Degree and have 31 years as a manager with AT&T under my belt.
I am only 52 and don't feel like completely retiring yet. I'm not
Too worried about finding a job if I want to work.

My family means more to me than anything and I'm sure
It will be an adjustment but it's a new adventure and one I am
Looking forward to! If my family decides to move somewhere
Else I will go there too. The second half of my life will be one big
Adventure! Cindy.
Haven't read the whole thread but, Good Luck ! With your attitude and since
you seem to have other income, you will survive whereever and will make the best of it ! No place is ever ideal. I am a native and Florida is hot but, I try and react accordingly. I am an avid gardener and I know to time my working or enjoying my yard. Otherwise, I do other things.

Last edited by AnnieA; 09-06-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMY WACK View Post
Cindy, Just a little advise,.... snipped........Remember anywhere is loaded with dregs of society that prey on innocent gullible people. ...snipped... Good Luck
I just thought I would point this out......

Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM

8 posts, read 24,826 times
I'm looking to relocate to the Melbourne, Satellite Beach, Viera area or around, any suggestions on a safe, good neighborhood with at least some night life and a little close to the beach. So confused, coming from WI in Dec. But I'm confused as where is the best to rent. 51 year old in need of some advice. Thank you

Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM

8 posts, read 24,826 times
Default moving

I'm looking to relocate to the Melbourne, Satellite Beach, Viera area or around, any suggestions on a safe, good neighborhood with at least some night life and a little close to the beach. So confused, coming from WI in Dec. But I'm confused as where is the best to rent. 51 year old in need of some advice. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County