Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 PM

34 posts, read 69,089 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your description of my beautiful future home! I LOVE LOVE dolphins. I will stand out in the pouring rain to see them. Doesn't matter to me any. I love manatee's. I'm moving to the Pines Resort apartments. I looked at many places and love that place because I will be living dockside on the canal, I will be across the street from the Indian River and a half mile from the Atlantic Ocean. Are you familiar with the Pines? Maybe someday we can meet up at Bicentenial Beach and explore. I explore our beaches here with my nieces right now but they won't be out until about September time-frame. My mother is moving here as well - as soon as she sells her house. It's funny to me that I am moving here because my family is moving here but I will be here first! My best friend will be with me until September - so that will be cool.

I can't wait to bike across Mather's bridge and go down the Tropical Trail. I know a lot about the area because I looked at google maps and street view. Heck - I even know where the 711 is!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers Florida mom and my fellow Floridians. Coming across the country in a U-Haul with my vehicle on a trailer in back with 3 cats who I'm sure will be SCREAMING their heads off the whole time - is something that I hope goes well. I am trying to look at it like it will be a vacation and an adventure.

Thanks again Florida mom for sharing your beautiful state with me ! Cindy - soon to be Florida resident - 1 month and counting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 07:12 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBeggs View Post
Thank you for your description of my beautiful future home! I LOVE LOVE dolphins. I will stand out in the pouring rain to see them. Doesn't matter to me any. I love manatee's. I'm moving to the Pines Resort apartments. I looked at many places and love that place because I will be living dockside on the canal, I will be across the street from the Indian River and a half mile from the Atlantic Ocean. Are you familiar with the Pines? Maybe someday we can meet up at Bicentenial Beach and explore. I explore our beaches here with my nieces right now but they won't be out until about September time-frame. My mother is moving here as well - as soon as she sells her house. It's funny to me that I am moving here because my family is moving here but I will be here first! My best friend will be with me until September - so that will be cool.

I can't wait to bike across Mather's bridge and go down the Tropical Trail. I know a lot about the area because I looked at google maps and street view. Heck - I even know where the 711 is!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers Florida mom and my fellow Floridians. Coming across the country in a U-Haul with my vehicle on a trailer in back with 3 cats who I'm sure will be SCREAMING their heads off the whole time - is something that I hope goes well. I am trying to look at it like it will be a vacation and an adventure.

Thanks again Florida mom for sharing your beautiful state with me ! Cindy - soon to be Florida resident - 1 month and counting!
Don't envy you the trip with the cats.....been there done that from TN to Florida when up at the kid's Grandpas. Brought the neighbor's beautiful Himalyan cat home with us cause they were moving and couldn't have 4 pets. We were ready to throw him out by the time we got to North Carolina.
He turned out to be the best pet we ever had.

I haven't been out to Mather's bridge in years and years. Used to go night fishing there on the old old bridge in the first years I lived down here.

I don't know anything about the apartments over there. Did a search and most things that came up made it sound like it was a short term tourist resort that offered furnished apartments for their family vacation and snowbird renting for the winter months etc. . That might be the one drawback. My son lives in a short term housing subdivision over by Disney and the tourists tend to make more noise late at night since they don't have to get up to go to work etc. I can't find it listed in the regular apartment guides. It may just mean that there are not a lot of vacancies so they don't advertise in the apartment guides. It is in a beautiful area.

Haven't been out on Tropical Trail in years, but unless they added a bike path it might be a dangerous road to bike on. It is a narrow road. Bike riders and pedestrians being hit by cars in Florida happens way too often. One good thing about bike riding down here compared to Illinois,though you won't get a ticket for riding a bike on the sidewalk.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 AM

378 posts, read 829,964 times
Quote:
Rebek! Holy cow! I am soo happy looking at this. I saw someone
Today who I hadn't seen for over a year Rebek. She was a hater. Said
You will hate humidity - the weather. Blah blah. I said
You tell me where else can I live on a canal, across the
Street from the river and half a mile from the ocean for only 815
A month which includes cable - two beds 3 baths! I told her that that
Is paradise to me! To my new
Indian Harbor Beach friends - can't wait to join you! Wish me luck
That I get the place. Cindy
Sounds like your friend has actually been to Florida or lived here. Her comments should be considered because some people think Florida is warm and comfortable year-round. California is one of the most beautiful states in the US. I hope you aren't building your hopes too high about how paradise-like FL is. Moving anywhere sight unseen is gutsy. The canal would be a concern of mine if there are alligators, unless your cats are strictly house cats. Like most people you'll probably love it in the beginning. Arriving when you are in the middle of the long FL summer is good because half of it will be over, but the heat and humidity may be a shock depending upon the weather you have now. I hope you're as happy with your Realtor and FL a year from now. Sounds like she did the best job she could without having a customer giving feedback as they they are physically going through places. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the info about bicycling. I will make sure
I'm very careful. I actually picked the Pines Resort
For me and my agent went there for me to make sure it
Was everything I wanted. I'm all about the view and water
I don't care about much else. I don't really care if
People party a lot because I am up very late usually
And I sleep with a box fan which filters out all
Noise. There is a cool park with a lake by my new
Place that has a bicycle route. I'm sure i will
Love it. I really hate humidity and heat. I hate it
Here in calif and I'm sure I'll hate it in Florida. Most
Of the time I'm not out in it but in the air
Conditioning indoors. I'm going to settle in and hopefully
Apply with BrightHouse cable. A lot of the job
Descriptions I've read fit what I did for
AT&T for 31 years. When I get a job I will
Graduate to a condo right on the Atlantic
ocean. For now I'm very happy with the place
I chose. My cats are all indoor only. I might
Let them on the porch with me when I go
Out but that's it.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:59 PM

555 posts, read 892,489 times
Best of luck in your new adventure!

Old 06-30-2012, 05:13 PM

Thanks - I really appreciate all your help and feedback. I will
Keep you in the loop. Cindy

Old 07-01-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info about bicycling. I will make sure
I'm very careful. I actually picked the Pines Resort
For me and my agent went there for me to make sure it
Was everything I wanted. I'm all about the view and water
I don't care about much else. I don't really care if
People party a lot because I am up very late usually
And I sleep with a box fan which filters out all
Noise. There is a cool park with a lake by my new
Place that has a bicycle route. I'm sure i will
Love it. I really hate humidity and heat. I hate it
Here in calif and I'm sure I'll hate it in Florida. Most
Of the time I'm not out in it but in the air
Conditioning indoors. I'm going to settle in and hopefully
Apply with BrightHouse cable. A lot of the job
Descriptions I've read fit what I did for
AT&T for 31 years. When I get a job I will
Graduate to a condo right on the Atlantic
ocean. For now I'm very happy with the place
I chose. My cats are all indoor only. I might
Let them on the porch with me when I go
Out but that's it.
Are the patios screened at the PInes? The park sounds good. The thing about getting out in summer in Florida is you go early mornings and after dinner to avoid the worst e heat of the day when you do things outside. There has not been a good ocean breeze for the last couple days so even the beach seemed hot. Today I worked and then have just watched Golf on TV for the afternoon. We definitely need more insulation in the converted garage family room. Central air is not keeping it cool enough and the rest of the house is chilly, but the big screen is in here.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:13 PM

No the patio is not screened. It has a private wall
On either side but nothing in front. I'm trying to find
Something that will make an invisible fence - there
Is something called SSS cat. A can of air that when a certain
Barrier is crossed it emits a loud spray of air. I'm also
Open for other suggestions.

I'm hoping that living around so much water
Will give me some respite from the humidity.
Cindy

Old 07-02-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
No the patio is not screened. It has a private wall
On either side but nothing in front. I'm trying to find
Something that will make an invisible fence - there
Is something called SSS cat. A can of air that when a certain
Barrier is crossed it emits a loud spray of air. I'm also
Open for other suggestions.

I'm hoping that living around so much water
Will give me some respite from the humidity.
Cindy
Actually, probably not going to make a difference in humidity. Might give you a breeze, but basically on the wrong side of the river and building might block the East wind coming over the ocean. Sometimes you don't even feel the ocean breeze even up on the dune, just down by the water. Last few days not much of a sea breeze.

Being close to the river you will probably have more mosquitos, too. They can be the size of a humming bird down here(not really but it seems like they are that big sometimes. That is why I was asking about screened patio. Right on the beach usually not a lot of mosquitos but I think far enough away that it may be a concern. Cities and county do spray for them and usually not too bad any where I have lived.

Even though our Himalayan was an indoor cat seemed like if he had the chance he would try to get out the door. When he got out, he would not have a clue what to do and didn't seem to like the feel of grass. We used squirt guns to keep him off the cabinets etc. till he learned where he could get on. He was scared to death of flying bugs like flies and would cry if he saw any in the house.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:43 AM

My friends here are telling me to find out of there are
Crocodiles in the canal i will be living on before I think
About letting my cats on the patio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County