Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:34 AM

250 posts, read 694,327 times

Advertisements

I need recommendations for the best upscale property (very nice house and more land than typical) seller’s agent for property on Merritt Island. I’m willing to consider agents who do not live on Merritt Island itself but who know that market. Would appreciate it if you would add your reasons for thinking the agent is the best, but just getting recommendations would help me. Feel free to Private Message me.

Also, would appreciate any info on the current real estate market on Merritt Island. This summer there was a thread that said it was a good time to buy in Brevard County. Is that still true? Does the market become better for sellers in the fall as snowbirds return? Or does that not happen until winter? Do snowbirds impact the upscale property market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 05:06 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,684,176 times
I can PM you with a good agent I have used who has the experience to help with upscale properties in Merritt Island.

As for timing, I did start a thread on that topic a few months back and as the summer comes to a close, the market has been creeping up. The impending snowbird traffic really won't hit until the end of the year, but that hasn't stopped people from listing now at higher prices, especially for fully renovated houses. I would say it is definitely becoming more of a sellers market now, but if you are OK with a non-renovated, dated house, you can still find some good deals, relative to what has been a general increase of 10-20% over the last year and a half. With the upper end properties, they have bumped up very nicely in the last year. I think snowbirds effect all property price points. It always becomes a supply and demand thing and with more buyers from Jan-March, that is likely the hardest time to find a bargain but it may be the time you find that "right" property that the owner decided to finally list. It pays to keep tabs on lists of properties in your price point and location so you can study the trends. Any realtor you use can set you up for this for free using the MLS listings. Have fun with it.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
I can PM you with a good agent I have used who has the experience to help with upscale properties in Merritt Island.

As for timing, I did start a thread on that topic a few months back and as the summer comes to a close, the market has been creeping up. The impending snowbird traffic really won't hit until the end of the year, but that hasn't stopped people from listing now at higher prices, especially for fully renovated houses. I would say it is definitely becoming more of a sellers market now, but if you are OK with a non-renovated, dated house, you can still find some good deals, relative to what has been a general increase of 10-20% over the last year and a half. With the upper end properties, they have bumped up very nicely in the last year. I think snowbirds effect all property price points. It always becomes a supply and demand thing and with more buyers from Jan-March, that is likely the hardest time to find a bargain but it may be the time you find that "right" property that the owner decided to finally list. It pays to keep tabs on lists of properties in your price point and location so you can study the trends. Any realtor you use can set you up for this for free using the MLS listings. Have fun with it.
Nypafl4u, I got and appreciate your DM with the name of an agent. Actually, I'm helping a relative who is planning to sale a property on Merritt Island so I'll pass on the agent's name and all your other info.

We appreciate your info on the timing and impact of snowbird traffic. I had thought that most snowbirds would be interested in inexpensive properties since the properties are second-homes, but I should have known that some would be interested in up-scale properties - and my relative only needs one buyer. Not sure snowbirds will be interested in having so much land - although the land contributes to the "up-scaleness."

Glad to hear there's been a general increase of 10-20% over the last year and a half and that the upper end properties have bumped up very nicely in the last year.

Thank you.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:56 PM

Glad to help. I am curious where your relative's property is. Feel free DM me if not ready to share here. Good luck with the sale. If priced right and in good shape, it should sell fast.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:12 PM

I'm not getting involved with anything except gathering information for my relative. I'm leaving the decisions about who to tell what and when strictly up to him. Happier family relations that way, I think. BTW, my relative has narrowed down his choices for an agent, so I don't think he will be enlarging the list of candidates. I appreciate the help you've given us.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:08 AM

No problem. I have found though that the more input you get from others, the more you learn. It may pay for your relative to get as many "recommended opinions" as possible. It's a big decision. But I do understand about not getting too involved with a family situation. It really can keep everyone happier. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
No problem. I have found though that the more input you get from others, the more you learn. It may pay for your relative to get as many "recommended opinions" as possible. It's a big decision. But I do understand about not getting too involved with a family situation. It really can keep everyone happier. Keep us updated on how it goes.
I strongly agree with you and am encouraging my relative to find and talk with more "recommended" agents/brokers, especially since he just learned that FL now has Transaction Brokers as well as Single Agents (this is a new development since he sold his former house). The agents/brokers he has talked with have not mentioned this to him, but as I understand it they legally do not have to do so under FL's Presumption of Transaction Broker statute.

I would like for him to assess the pros and cons of Transaction Broker vs Single Agent. I don't have a full understanding of these, but so far I think a Single Agent could provide more of the help he needs. However, that's another decision he is making, not me. My goal is help him discover the info he needs to make informed decisions re selling his property.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:25 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrd View Post
I strongly agree with you and am encouraging my relative to find and talk with more "recommended" agents/brokers, especially since he just learned that FL now has Transaction Brokers as well as Single Agents (this is a new development since he sold his former house). The agents/brokers he has talked with have not mentioned this to him, but as I understand it they legally do not have to do so under FL's Presumption of Transaction Broker statute.

I would like for him to assess the pros and cons of Transaction Broker vs Single Agent. I don't have a full understanding of these, but so far I think a Single Agent could provide more of the help he needs. However, that's another decision he is making, not me. My goal is help him discover the info he needs to make informed decisions re selling his property.
If your relative would rather not have to use a transaction broker he should probably not list with an agent from one of the big firms. There is one firm in our market with over 240 agents working out of multiple offices. The more agents a brokerage has, the greater the likelihood that one of them will bring the eventual buyer. Even if your relative's listing agent starts as a single agent, if another agent from ANY of her brokerage's offices brings the buyer then the listing agent will have to transition to transaction broker UNLESS the buyer agrees to a no-brokerage relationship which is highly unlikely.

Personally, I think the fear of transaction broker is overblown. I have been involved in hundreds of transactions over the years where one or both agents were serving as transaction brokers and I am not aware of a single customer that was damaged or less served by that relationship.

Last edited by 1insider; 09-21-2014 at 05:40 AM..

Old 09-21-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Personally, I think the fear of transaction broker is overblown. I have been involved in hundreds of transactions over the years where one or both agents were serving as transaction brokers and I am not aware of a single customer that was damaged or less served by that relationship.
Thanks for your response, 1insider,

I’m wondering how you made the decision that not a single customer in those transactions was damaged. For each customer you made a judgment. Are you willing to state what criteria you used? If you used different criteria for different customers, can some give some examples of your criteria?

How did you make the decision that not a single customer in those transactions was less served than he or she would have been with a Single Agent? Again, you made this determination for each of those customers. Are you willing to state the basis of you determination(s)?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:41 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
I didn't say "I know". I said I was "not aware" that any had been damaged or less served. I can only observe customers of other agents and the outcome of the deal. I can state with firsthand knowledge that none of my customers were less served in the instances that I served as transaction broker. Single agent status doesn't automatically turn a bad agent into a good one. A careless, inexperienced or dishonest agent can harm you regardless their brokerage relationship.

What is your big fear about transaction broker?

Last edited by 1insider; 09-22-2014 at 03:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: