Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 AM

96 posts, read 205,847 times

Advertisements

I think you might be on the wrong board. This is for Melbourne, Florida not Melbourne, AU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 AM

2 posts, read 12,577 times
thnak you

Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,627 times
Check out Nanny Jeans Academy. This is where I have my three kids. The staff is all friendly, they have all been there for at least 9 years, family owned. They do it for the love, not do it for the money, the tuition is crazy cheap. You do have to pack your own lunch and Nanny's too... but I am finding that is common in most places except those that are corporate. I think it must have something to do with the state regulations or something?
It is not the most aestheticly pleasing school, but my kids love going, they get a good education and they are happy and the price is a bargain. I had them at the Global Learning place before and pulled them from there after a week. Everytime I walked into that school the director was screaming at the staff and kids. Also, my sons sippy cups kept getting mixed with the babies room- so that disgusted me! Happened twice.
My rule of thumb, the school must have an open door policy and lots of windows or open space. You need to see how the staff interacts, ask about retention and experience. A lot of people work at daycares because they have kids and want free childcare for their kids and a paycheck at the same time.
Jelybean Junction and Dairy Road Discovery Center were both alternate options- price and distance made my decision, but I have been happy with my choice so far. VCA looked nice, but the rooms were a mess, the toddler room had NO windows, and when doing the tour, the staff paid attention to me and seemed to forget their were kids around. Just seemed like a horse and pony show.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,572 times
Default great preschool

Space Coast Early Intervention Center in Melbourne on Dairy rd is an excellent preschool. they have lots of teachers in every class, very low ratio for student to teacher so kids get lots of attention.

they also take special needs kids and do miracles for kids with autism and related disorders. plus, their playground is huge.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,536 times
I went to Care for kids and found that there were only 2 teachers with all the kids in the daycare. They were all going to watch Barney in the large room they have. The infants were put into their car seats and put next to the other children to watch the movie. There was also no security. We walked right into the daycare with no one at the front desk. I did not feel safe leaving my children there. And they are the highest priced daycare in the Melbourne area. I did a lot of checking around in the Melbourne area and Berry Patch was the most inviting daycare for me.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,082 times
Default Thank you for the recommendation

I am so glad everyone has posted about Care for Kids. We just took a tour last week and we are going to be starting our 8 week old baby next week with them. We have looked at every daycare in Melbourne and I thought we were going to have to hire someone to come into our house. Then I saw this post and called Care for Kids. I had never heard of them. They are amazing. They are located right off US1 across the street from Grills Restaurant. I don't know why I never noticed them before. The place is so clean!!! The owners are super professional and made us feel very comfortable. I am terrified to leave my new sweet little baby. But, after hearing they have been in the business for over 20 years and one of the owners has a degree in elementary education, it made me feel so much better. Also, I discovered I know two other people who take their kids there and they rave about it!! I am so happy to find a quality place. Give them a call if you are having trouble finding care or aren't really happy with the care you have. Their number is 321.255.5437.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,050 times
I have had my little one here for 2 years and worked in may of the area daycares (including Kindercare) as a therapist. Care for Kids is wonderful! My daughter has learned, made great friends and had a lot of fun at Care for Kids. They are professional and very supportive of you during potty training as well as behavior. When I researched daycares, Care for Kids was pretty much average as far as price when compared to other private daycares. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a great daycare.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:25 AM

4 posts, read 7,444 times
Default Daycare aftercare

321-play.com. Awesome center where they actually make the kids get up and move rather than acting as babysitters. Pretty cool place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: