Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:19 AM

149 posts, read 701,204 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info. So far we love it here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM

110 posts, read 550,257 times
Arrow Thanks for the restaurant tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebeach View Post
It is difficult to get settled, especially when you have a limited amount of time. You did hit some good restaurants. Here are a few to try next time:
Juice and Java for breakfast or lunch --the sandwichs are great. You can also pick up some great local artwork for your condo there, as they always feature art from local artists on their walls.
Robertos, a Cuban restaurant, is an institution in CB. Their Cuban food and breakfasts are very good.
I have also heard from friends the Fat Snook in South CB is nice, but I have not had a chance to eat there yet.
Thai Thai III in Cape Canaveral is also good for sushi and Thai, but it can be very busy.
Siam Orchid in CB also serves good sushi and Thai food.

Thanks for the restaurant tips. We will try Juice & Java. We have not even begun to address the artwork issue. I know there are a number of galleries in CB. I had understood that Robertos was reviewed by the New York times and is very good. It is high on our list. Our realtor had recommended the Fat Snook too. It is within about a block of our condo. Our first trip was with our young teen sons whose culinary preferences are narrow at this time. The process of turning them into seafood lovers will be slow. I will have to check out Thai Thai II. I had not heard of that one. Do you have a place in Cocoa Beach?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:59 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,065,699 times
If you're into the surf scene, try Dakine Diegos, a little burrito shack south of PAFB. It's on the right side of the road next to a vacant lot where they show old surf movies on summer nights Wed and Sun I think. Drive by and check the marqee out front for times. Then bring a blanket, lawn chairs, and bug spray.

Oh yeah, and the food is good too.

There's also a great little hidden fish taco place in Port Canaveral. It's within sight of the more touristy resturants. Look for the old rusted-out grill in front of the building and I think there's a small sign.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:20 PM

32 posts, read 183,742 times
Yes, we live here full time now. I grew up here and, until recently, spent summer vacation here with my kids. The quality of the High schools and the increasingly bad traffic in the city we lived in was a major reason for our move. We transferred to CB for the weather, the small town atmosphere and the schools. The local Middle/High school, Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High, is ranked by Newsweek as number 68 in the US and has a great IB program. I do miss some things about my old life--long-term neighbors, beautiful neighborhood, and great shopping and restaurants. But Cocoa Beach has been great so far--and the kids love it. They went swimming in our pool today after school(water was 85 degrees with a solar heater) and then we biked downtown for dinner. We couldn't do that in our old city!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
If you're into the surf scene, try Dakine Diegos, a little burrito shack south of PAFB. It's on the right side of the road next to a vacant lot where they show old surf movies on summer nights Wed and Sun I think. Drive by and check the marqee out front for times. Then bring a blanket, lawn chairs, and bug spray.

Oh yeah, and the food is good too.

There's also a great little hidden fish taco place in Port Canaveral. It's within sight of the more touristy resturants. Look for the old rusted-out grill in front of the building and I think there's a small sign.
Thanks for the tips. Our family is very partial to Mexican Food. I had heard about the Dakine Deigos. The fish taco place sounds very interesting. Do you have a name. We will definitely look that one up. Thanks. Kevin

Old 07-08-2009, 04:05 PM

97 posts, read 256,656 times
Default ok

is there a difference between cocoa and cocoa beach?are they one and the same?i see different references and then i see referrals as the same.can someone explain?thanks

Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 AM

626 posts, read 1,241,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite rider View Post
is there a difference between cocoa and cocoa beach?are they one and the same?i see different references and then i see referrals as the same.can someone explain?thanks
Yes, there is a difference. They are 2 different cities that are joined by the 520 Causeway (Cocoa Beach Causeway, Merritt Island Causeway). Both within Brevard County.
Kind of like..Miami, Miami Beach...within Dade County.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:28 PM

97 posts, read 256,656 times
thanks,gotcha.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Huge Difference Between Cocoa & Cocoa Beach

There is a world of difference between Cocoa and Cocoa Beach.

Cocoa

Population 16,000
Median Income 33,983
Average House Price 148K
Crime Index 1158. > Three times the US average

Cocoa Beach

Population 12,000
Median Income 53,208
Average House Price 284K
Crime Index 649.

The highly rated school system is in Cocoa Beach. It is nationally ranked in the US. All those engineers at Nasa make sure their kids have a top notch school system.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM

23 posts, read 94,985 times
Cocoa = Redneck
Cocoa Beach = Yuppies, Surfer's, Retiree's

Need I say more?.....

It's a no brainer to live on the beach, IMHO>>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County